Monday, August 31, 2009

On His Own Time

Cole is so so funny, and cute! It's been about a month or so since he's been standing up all by himself. He doesn't have a problem standing there for quite a while, he'll even drink out of his sippy cup standing without falling down. He just won't walk! I've seen him take like 2 steps every now and then, but only when he WANTS to, never when I want him to :o) Sunday he started walking to me! He takes these cute tinny baby steps to me, and when he did I'd throw him up in the air and say, "Yay, Yay, Yay!" He loved that so he did it again, and again, and again! He didn't do it at all today, until tonight when Brenden asked if he had been practicing. I said no, then we tried to get him to walk, nope. He didn't want to. Then when I got the two older boys to bed, I had Cole down stairs and we were watching T.V. He stood up in the middle of the floor and started walking to me. I clapped my hands, and he kept clapping his hands. As soon as I stopped clapping, he went to the middle of the room and walked to me again. He knew I'd start clapping again. He kept walking and clapping. It was so cute. I don't expect him to walk all the time now, but soon, very soon. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

2 comments:

Aaron and Rosa Lee said...

I just love when the littles start walking. It's so exciting! yeah Cole!!!

~ Stacie ~ said...

FUN! Maybe now he can keep up with Camden :) Or maybe out run him, Camden's got a little extra weight on him. LOL Fun for Cole!