Saturday, August 8, 2009

Soccer

Yah, Soccer finally started today! I love sports, and I love watching my kids play. When I signed the kids up at the end of the school year, Jack said he'd only play if he could be on one of his friends teams. So, at the bottom of the form I filled out for him I asked if it were possible for him to be on Austin Rupp, or Davis Brackens team. Really didn't think it would happen, but it did, both of them are on his team! I don't think it really would have mattered in the end, because after we bought him all his soccer stuff he was way excited! This is the FIRST sport he's done, WOW he's come along way. Remember when he wouldn't go to primary by himself last year? On the "long" drive to the elementary to play their first game, Ryan and Jack were talking about how it was Jacks first sport, and that he "finally" was going to get his very own treat! After every game Ryan has always gotten a treat, and Jack has always gotten jealous. It kind of sucked because both of their games were at the same time. I know some think it better, and would rather have it that way. Because you get them over with faster and don't have to be out in the hot sun all day watching games. But it makes me sad :o( I love watching my kids play sports, I've been to every single one of Ryan's wrestling matches, every one of his baseball games, Soccer, and Basketball, well, I guess I missed ONE of his basket ball games. It makes me sad that I can't watch all of both of their games, I guess that's life for ya though. Jack did way good, I was so shocked! He loved it too, hopefully this will help him want to do more sports, if not I guess that's okay, Ill just watch Ryan at all his sporting games :o) I think it was kind of a shock for Ryan though. Last year he was on the Kindergarten-1st grade team, and he was able to actually "play", he was quite the ball hog. This time he moved up to the 2nd-3rd grade field, and EVERYONE wanted a piece of the action, so it was really hard for him to be a ball hog, oh well. They both did really good, Ryan got really worn out on the bigger field :o) Yay Soccer!


No comments: