Monday, August 31, 2009

Sweet Sweet Lady

I hope I can be like Vilate Robinson when I grow up. She is the sweetest lady ever, and she has such a great attitude. I asked her if she brought my garbage in and she said no, so I still don't know who did that for me. She goes to church every Sunday, even though I don't think she can hear a thing, but she goes and that's what counts. I saw her on my way into sacrament meeting (we have sacrament meeting last) and talked to her for a minute. I report my Visiting Teaching to her and told her that I'd call her after church and let her know what we did so she could mark it. I plum forgot to call her after church, oops. Yesterday my house was a MESS!!! (seriously) Ryan came and got me and told me there was someone at the door for me, and I thought, oh great, because seriously, a MESS!! It was sweet Vilate, she said she tried to call me but I didn't answer so she thought she'd walk by and see if I was home. I felt bad, but she didn't seem to care. She seriously has such a great attitude towards life. She made a good point, that when you hold bad or hard feelings toward someone, it's only hurting you and it'll turn you into an ugly old honery person. She said that's how her dad was, he held onto all his bad feelings that he had for other people and he was an HONERY old fart! She's so funny too, she used to ride around on a pink bike a couple years ago, she always has a skip in her step. I love her so much! Just about every time I talk to her, she tells me about the time she used to live in this house, when her husband was in the military, and how she moved out because my great grandma Fish accused her of steeling (my great grandma and grandpa Fish owned this house when she lived in it). Anyway, my point is that.....be happy, be forgetful of all the hurtful things people may have done to you (on purpose, or accident) Have a GREAT attitude like Vilate, have a skip in your step and a smile on your face.

1 comment:

~ Stacie ~ said...

Gosh, I'm sure glad you like her!! She is the funniest Grandma EVER! Has she danced or sang for you yet? She is a great performer! LOVE HER!!