Thursday, August 6, 2009
School Shopping
Last year I had just had a baby and wasn't up for taking the kids school shopping. They each got a "Daddy's Day Off", we call it. That's when Brenden takes one of them to town and just spends time with them. Last year Brenden took them after he got off work (he must have gotten off early). Took them to a movie, I think, and took them school shopping. Of course it's much funner with Dad, because he spoils them rotten, and he has more money than I do, and he doesn't stress out about the bills and dares spend more money too. Anyways, this year Brenden is VERY busy, plus I don't think we could afford him to take them school shopping, so I took them instead. I'm happy to say I spent less than half the money he did last year. Monday morning we woke up and I decided Ryan and I were going to go shopping. I just needed to find someone to watch Jack for me. With no luck with my in town friends, I ended up calling Stacie. I don't like to bug her, because she already has four kids of her own, three of them being younger than my two oldest. Plus she lives 15 min. away. She said she'd love to have him over, and she even offered to watch Cole too. If I hadn't been sitting down, I probably would have fallen over. I couldn't believe she'd "offer" to take Cole. I Love You, I Love You, I Love You!!!! I can't tell you how nice it was, just me and Ryan. Didn't have to worry about anyone but us. He was so excited to get started with the day, although he was jealous that he didn't get to stay and play at Aunt Stacies house. I went to Sears this year and got the kids their jeans, because of their "kidvantage" club. I think Jack has one pair of jeans without a huge hole in them, but other than that my kids don't have any pants. Sears has the "kidvantage" club, so if my kids get a hole in their jeans, I can take them back and get a new pair for FREE, within a year and with the receipt. Awesome!! Anyways, Ryan and I went to lunch, finished our shopping and got back around 3:00, I think. I really didn't think we'd take that long, oops. Tuesday Stacie was going to take Austin, so I could pay her back for babysitting my kids, but she ended up getting online and doing his. Wednesday she said she'd take my kids again, while I took Jack shopping. She said Cole was much better that day than before. He must have been used to it. We got done with Jacks shopping much faster, I was more experienced and knew where I was going. I took him to lunch too, we had a fun ol' time :o) Then I tried to "hurry" and do a little grocery shopping, so we didn't get back until after 4:00. I decided it was a lot easier to go with Ryan than with Jack. I don't know if Jack just isn't as mature or what, but I was getting a little aggravated with him. I had to keep telling myself, 'this is his day, this is his "fun" day'. All in all it wasn't too bad. Thanks again Stacie, you have no idea how much I appreciate it, great big HUGS and KISSES, sent your way :o) My kids say their favorite place to go is Aunt Stacies, what's your secret?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It was so FUN! Thanks for letting me take Cole too. Of course they love Aunt Stacie who doesn't. lol Thanks for watching my boys tonight! So glad we ended up not taking Preston.
Kid Advantage rules! I have to go shopping for Spence still. It should be easy though, because he has to have school uniforms. Poor Mae didn't get to go with me when I got hers. I picked them all out, but she loved them. I'm not brave to take my kids shopping. No patience!
Post a Comment