Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25, 2014 Monday

I am still trying to recover from Friday and Saturday.  Friday Chantel came with me to help me do the grocery shopping, I was so glad to have her help too.  We got home and took the lettuce over to the elementary kitchen.  Larine helped me rinse it off and Scott showed up to help us cut it up and put it in bags.  Larine had to go to work at 4 o'clock.  Scott and I started making the dressing.  My dad came home with a VERY bloody toe.  I took him to the clinic, they couldn't stitch it up so they made him go to the ER.  He had dropped a 60 lb. piece of steal on it.  They x-rayed it and his big toe and the second toe were both broken.  He had cut his big toe pretty bad, they took his nail off and stitched it back up.  Apparently you could see the bone.  Then they put his nail back on and bandaged the toes together.  During that time I was all alone trying to get things ready for the Corn Fest.  Jordan and Shawn showed up to help set up our tents and stuff and the elementary, thank heavens.
Saturday morning was hecktic, but not as bad as usual.  Maybe because there weren't as many people helping.  It all went very smoothly.  After all was said and done we had made about $1,500.  Not too bad.  Glad it's over!

No comments: