Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August 12, 2014 Tuesday

Yesterday morning went pretty well I thought.  The kids woke up with plenty of time to get ready and be distracted.  I thought they would want to sleep in a bit more today, but Jack kept his alarm set for 6:30. I forgot to ask Ryan what time he wanted me to wake him up.  I got the house pretty clean before I went to work, Brenden said he was very surprised when he came home for lunch, and told me the house looked great!  Work went well, it was a little tough for me.  Mainly because I’m not used to being on my feet for nearly 4 hours straight, and working.  We didn’t serve at the high school yesterday, so there wasn’t a ton to do, but I did the dishes and helped our new cook.  We hired Erin Jones McLoud.  We used to be on the drill team together.  She just about made me cry yesterday when she shared a memory she had of me.  She said we were at camp and felt like she just didn’t fit in and she wasn’t going to make it.  “Then Rachelle came and took me to Jumba Juice, and I knew everything was going to be ok”  I honestly don’t remember doing that, but I’m so glad that I could have helped her feel more welcome and better about being on the team.  I don’t know if I just took her, or if I took a bunch of girls.  It really made me feel good and feel like I can make a difference in peoples lives.  I think we as a people kind of think of ourselves as unimportant, we are nobody special and we can’t have a huge impact on anyone’s life.  I really think we can!  I don’t know, but me doing the simple thing like taking this girl to go get a smoothie, and let her know that someone cared, weather I knew she needed me or not, I was there to help her.  Maybe because of that she stayed on the drill team and had some totally awesome experiences that maybe changed who she turned out to be.  Our examples are a marvelous thing! 

The rest of my day went well too.  I took the kids after school pictures that I started taking last year, and they turned out really good. 

1-0022-0023-00108-11-022

I did forget to put on there that Jacks teacher is Mr. Morgan and Coles teacher is Mrs. clove.

I really wanted to pickle last night, but didn’t have time because Brenden needed help with Corn Fest stuff, plus I had opened a bill from the hospital.  I’m not a dummy, but when my dr. office told me that they looked into my insurance and that my total cost for my surgery would be about $600, that’s what I had in my mind that it was going to cost, TOTAL!  I know the hospital bills separately, but when I got a bill in the mail that I owed the hospital over $1,000 I about crapped my pants!  The total hospital bill, just for the hospital not for my dr. at all was over $13,000!  I guess I should be glad I don’t have to pay all of it.  I just wish my dr. office would have told be that the $600 was ONLY for their portion and that I would get a completely different set of bills from the hospital.  I guess if they would have told me that, and had I really known how much this was going to cost, I wouldn’t have done it.  I know I’m going to be SO glad I did this.  For now it just has to suck!  Luckily I should be able to make payments.  Why stress about something I can’t control, I can’t go back and change anything, so why waste my life stressing about it.  Just had no idea that this $4,000 surgery was really going to be a total of over $17,000!

No comments: