Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tuesday, January 27, 2015


I have to start out by letting you know that even though I didn’t write in my journal yesterday, I am still caught up in my reading.  I was just so TIRED yesterday morning!  As I am trying to think back on Friday, the only thing I can think of is that I moped my floor, and I FINALLY got a good answer to my question I posted on facebook Friday, yesterday.  Apparently Erin, our head cook in the lunch room (I also went to high school with her and was on the drill team with her), before she started working in the lunch room she used to be in the flooring business.  She was able to tell me exactly what I needed to know about taking good care of my floor.  Bamboo is very poris, and needs moisture.  Cleaners usually pull out the moisture.  So, from what I understand is that I just need to mop with hot water, then after go over it with a lightly sprayed dusting.  Once a month I can use orange glow, or cleaners, but not very often.  It seems like she told me more, but I can’t remember.  
Saturday, Melinda and I took Jack and Austin to St. George and signed them up for soccer, they are so stoked!  Sunday was Kadens, my boss Karens son, homecoming.  He did an amazing job!  Mindee Davidson and her family talked in our ward and they did an amazing job! 
Yesterday after school we had a presidency meeting.  Well……all our pictures had to come down.   There was a LOT of miscommunication between the stake primary president, Carmel Randall, and President Randall.  LONG story short, he had ordered some pictures back in October that apparently no one knew about, and they finally arrived.  When I say ordered, I mean these are NICE, meaning they couldn’t have been less than $500 a piece!  There are 3, plus one of the temple, which had to have been at least $100.  He didn’t know we had put up pictures and DEMANDED that they should come down IMMEDIATELY!  The prints he picked out are nice, but not something I would EVER expect to see in a primary room!  To be honest with you, I don’t like them at all, like I said, they are nice, I just don’t like them, not for primary.  I have some hard feelings I need to get over, and I know I’m not the only one.  We went up and took down our pictures, and luckily between everyone in the presidency, they all bought the frames from me.  It’s not about the time and money I put into the frames, it’s just how things went down.  But, I just need to get over it; it’s not going to do me a bit of good to hold on to this!  I text Jen last night and told her that we as a presidency need to try and go to the temple soon, if possible! 
After my meeting Jack and I went to help my dad clear around some trees on his property in Beryl.   I’m always glad when I can help him, my kids don’t like it so much, but I make them spend time with Grandpa anyways.  

No comments: