Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Holy Guacamole! I cannot believe what I did! Yesterday I was so stressed out about these frames I have to make for the primary room. I just kept thinking about when I made some frames a couple months ago, it seemed to take me FOREVER! I don’t know what I was doing that seemed to take so long. I’ve been stressing about that so much! Then I start thinking about making a template for the frames I need to do, we are talking about 16x20, and 11x14 frame sizes. In the past I have just been able to print out a corner of the frame and make a template, but these frames are too big for me to print out a corner of it! I was stressing so much yesterday trying to think of an easier way, there has to be an easier way. Then I started to look on Pinterest again, and the ladies there were able to whip out their frames in 30 minutes, start to finish, what the crap! After not being able to think of anything else during work, I got home and started brainstorming. I got the pictures I needed to make the frames for and traced them. Then, leaving several inches around for the frame to fit, I folded the paper into quarters, then just free handed the dang thing! Why haven’t I thought of this before? Hello! I just remember thinking of the frames I’ve done before and wished they were a little different, well if I would have just free handed those frames they would have been exactly how I wanted them to be. Brenden helped me put the big 4’x8’ piece of wood on a table in the garage and I went to work.

20150114_17492220150114_180125

Traced them….

20150114_19384020150114_195152

Then I started to cut them out!

20150114_20110820150114_203310

Getting a little sawdust on me, its about time for my ‘safty’ glasses.

20150114_21542220150114_215456

The only problem with my safty glasses is they tend to fog up and I can’t see. 

Walla! I think I started cutting them out around 7 and by about 10 I had them all cut out and sanded. Now I need to cut out the middle and router them, then I’m done! Not too shabby. I had sawdust all over myself last night so I had no choice but to get into the shower. I stayed in until the hot water was gone. The downfall is that I didn’t get to bed till after 11, and tried to wake up at 5, then fell asleep on the couch.

No comments: