I can’t say it enough, I Love my Clean House! This week has been slightly difficult since
the kids have switched chores. Cole
wants to do the kitchen so bad! Jack
hates doing the kitchen! They all have
to take their turn and learn every chore.
Work was good, after work I went with my parents to Pine
Valley to get some stuff out. Last night
didn’t go well with Jack. There are a
lot of things I need to work on. I know
he is a “special needs” child. Not that
he is retarded, but his needs are different than others. Since he does have a bad case of ADHD, it’s
hard for his brain to focus and understand.
That gives me an idea…..at this time I do have
him on a pill he takes in the morning to help him in school to focus, I have
another pill he can take in the afternoon to help him continue to focus. I haven’t really been having him take the
second pill, but maybe I need to start.
I just feel bad because most generally I don’t know how to give him the “special
needs” he needs, I don’t know what exactly I should be doing. I know that I’ve got to stop tearing him
down. I know that sounds terrible, but I
get so frustrated with him. I need to
implant in my brain that his needs are different than my other kids, and that
he needs a little more help. I think as
soon as I plant that and remember it, things might get easier. There are just too many times I tell him that
I give up, I don’t know how to be your parent.
Things a child should never hear, but are easily said. Brenden and I agreed that we need to uplift
him and try extra hard to boost his self-esteem, instead of tear it down.

No comments:
Post a Comment