Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wednesday, January 14, 2015


Yesterday went well at work.  My day was full so I wasn’t able to accomplish much of anything at home.  Worked from 7:30-8, came home for an hour and put all the pictures in the frames that we needed to hang in the primary room, worked 9-2, had about 15 min to sit down before I had to go get the kids from school, made them do their chores, then was late for my primary meeting.  We hung pictures of the first presidency and the quarm of the twelve.  The primary room is so dull, NOTHING on the walls, so we are changing that.  No nails are going in the walls, that’s just not allowed, thank heaven for commando strips and hooks.  After that I came home, Brenden made us all tuna melts for dinner, then I took Ryan to his basketball game.  By the time we got done with that it was 8.  I did call Stacie during my hour of being home this morning, because I came home and the house was not clean!  It wasn’t dirty, but it definitely was not clean!  She had texted me and asked how the house was looking, I told her I was frustrated.  Then I called her.  What am I supposed to do?  I’m trying to do this whole chore thing, but what do I do when they leave their area untidy?  She had a good suggestion. They know that they are supposed to have it clean before they go to bed, and that they are responsible for keeping it clean.  They know the rules, and I can’t keep making excuses for them or this is never going to work, I need to stick to my GUNS!  I took a picture of their dirty rooms and cleaned them.  When they got home I showed them the pictures and made them pull a stick.  Perfect!  To remind me that they need to have their rooms clean at night, I put a reminder on my phone.  Now at 8 o'clock it is time to make sure their rooms are clean, then get ready for bed!  Seemed to work last night, I even remembered to have Jack take a shower last night since it's like pulling teeth in the morning to get him ready.  It wasn't much better last night, but at least we had time!  Well this will be day 4 of a clean house, hope we can make it to the end of the month!  By then it should be a habit.  Wish me luck!

No comments: