Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September 2, 2014 Tuesday


This extra-long weekend had been so nice; it was so hard to get out of bed this morning though.  Let’s see, what have I been doing this weekend....Saturday I pickled some squash and some cucumbers.   I Tried to clean the house.  I need to do something with my children.  I get into a mood that I just want to clean clean clean, but it doesn’t' last very long because Jack and Cole, and I think I've narrowed it down to mostly Cole, just want to throw their stuff everywhere.  They (He) leave a trail of destruction in their/his path!  Makes me not ever want to clean again, what's the use?  By the time Brenden gets home from work he can’t even see that I've even tried to clean.  It’s so frustrating!  Its especially frustrating when I want to go somewhere and Brenden tells me the house is a mess and that I really need to stay home and clean it.  I don't know why but I HATE it when he tells me what to do, or when something needs to be done!  I think this stems back to my mom telling me what to do, not just when I was growing up, but after I was married.  Which really made me want to rebel.  I'm a grown woman and get to make my own choices now!  So it makes me really mad when Brenden tells me what to do.  I would LOVE to clean the house if the kids would help out!  Partially my fault because I have a hard time remembering, and that's where I wish Brenden would step in and help, or at least help me remember what I want to have the kids do.  
Yesterday I went with my dad to go pick up my mom, she's been staying with her niece Inez up in the Provo/Salt Lake area since Thursday.  We met them in Sipio.  I didn't get to go until I hurried and straightened up the house, which was not so clean when I got back.  It was really nice to spend time with my dad.  He told me about his whole army experience, some of which I've heard before, but I really enjoyed it.  I love that man so much!  When we picked up my mom I figured I would sit in the back seat, when I opened the door to get back there she was already sitting there, so I ended up driving.  My mom was so quiet, I asked her what was wrong, she said nothing.  I don't know if it was 'nothing' or if she just can't be happy.  I need to have a talk with her and knock some sense in her!  I feel bad we didn't do anything fun with the kids, Brenden was bound and determined to get the roof done.  Jack and Ryan helped him and it was done by the time I got back!  They did an awesome job!

No comments: