Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday September 29, 2014


Yesterday Kallies little baby, Kannon, got blessed.  During the sacrament meeting one lady that spoke talked about how we spend our time.  She gave an example of when we die and come before the Lord and he asks us what we did while we were on the earth, what will we say?  How many hours will we have spent on facebook, or watching TV or movies, or doing stupid things that have no meaning at all!  How many hours will we have spent reading the scriptures, or doing family history work, or....do I dare say, doing something for someone else and serve!?  I know for me when I read the scriptures I wake up a little bit before the kids get up and I 'hurry' and read or study what I can, then I put it away till the next day.  Oh, and on the weekends it doesn't really get touched.  I am reading some sort of scripture every day, but how am I going to feel when I tell that to the Lord?  What am I going to expect his responce to be?  "Oh, well since you read a verse a day I'll let you live in my presence!  I'm so proud of you for reading ONE VERSE A DAY!  Oh, and by the way, how much TV did you watch and how much time did you spend playing games on your phone?"  I think that's when the real guilt will set in.  Yes I am trying, and yes I am reading the scriptures, BUT.....how does it compare to the time I spend doing meaningless things.  I spend far more time in front of the TV than I do reading the scriptures, or anything else church related.  Yes I try to live a good life, but I need to do more.  Then this morning when I was studying my little portion of the Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:7-9, I felt like it was telling me the same thing as the lady in sacrament meeting was telling me.  Crazy!
Let’s start with Friday...It was a nice cool day, the rain clouds were coming in and I was just hoping it wouldn't rain too bad, after all it was the high schools homecoming game!  Funny thing is, the rain stopped right before the game started, and right after it got over it started POURING!!  It rained all night long and poured Saturday morning.  We started to flood again and we were out there sandbagging!  Of course I didn't get to help much because I had told my in-laws I would help them with a booth they were doing in St. George.  Saturday was the longest day of my life!  We sold from 11am to 10 pm.  Was not busy at all, there were no people there!  We didn't get home till about midnight, then I had to get up early Sunday because the baby blessing was at 9.  It all worked out.  I went to the blessing with my parents and figured I wouldn't be staying for very long because my dad doesn’t' like to be away from home for too long.  I was surprised that he let me stay and talk.  We didn't leave until around 3 o'clock.  Everyone had gone hours before so I was able to spend some time with my sister and her daughters.  I tried to help Kallie and give her some advice on Kannon.  He is almost 2 months old and she feels like she’s feeding him all of the time!  I gave her a couple pointers and told her to put him on a real schedule and feed him at specific times.  At night she hasn't been able to get him to sleep in his bassinet so I told her to try and wrap him up tight at night time and see if she could get him to sleep in there.  I haven’t' heard exactly how last night went, but she posted on facebook last night around 9:30 that he slept for 3 hours in his bassinet!  YaY!

No comments: