Yesterday morning both Ryan and Jack decided to wake up at 6 a.m. There is a reason I wake up so early, it's not because I like it, because I would much rather sleep in. It's because it's the only time I have to myself to study my scriptures and write in my journal! So, obviously that did not happen yesterday! Yes they all go to school and I have 2 hours to myself, but I know if I don't do it in the morning, it just doesn't get done! After they go to school I have to focus on the house, and getting it somewhat clean.
Brenden took the day off yesterday to work on the garage. It doesn't seem like he did a whole lot, but he cut a hole in our house and put a door in! He's got to get in inspected and then he can start sheet rock! It's actually coming along!
I skipped Cross Fit yesterday for several reasons. I had bruised my knee on Monday, I had just gotten my eye brows waxed and didn't want them to break out from the sweat, and I had a dinner to go to and didn't want to be all red! I think I'm sore today because I didn't work out yesterday, it was an easy one too darn it.
Okay, I finally got a study guide for several chapters in the Book of Mormon, and it's helping me really focus and pay attention to what I'm reading. It's from http://www.theredheadedhostess.com/. I'm not reading a whole chapter everyday now, but I am really trying to focus on a couple verses at a time. For example this morning I read 2 Nephi 11:4 &5. I know its only two verses, but it took me awhile, I read and re read them. I really wish that I could be as excited or "delighted" as Nephi was about sharing his knowledge of the Gospel and about the covenants the Lord had made with his father. Those two verses Nephi just seems like hes so excited and thankful for so many things, I think it's awesome and wish I could be that passionate. I want to be better and I want to be stronger and more thankful, hopefully by studying more closely the Book of Mormon I can get there again. I remember when I was first called to be in the Young Womens I felt like Nephi. I was on a spiritual high, and I was so excited to share my knowledge. I came off that high, and it's been hard to get back there
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment