Do I still Look Pregnant!? :o) Here's a before and after, can you tell the difference: My kids, keep asking why it still looks like I'm going to have a baby. That's okay, they get that from the wonderful words I say. :o)Okay, I wasn't expecting to go in until after noon right!? Whatever, they called me at like 7:30 in the morning and said I could come in. I said "really, I wasn't expecting to come in so early, can we wait?" They said to just call when we were ready, and hopefully there would be a room available. I got up and took a shower, and was getting myself ready. I had a ton of things I wanted to get done before we went down. A little after eight o'clock the phone rang. It was Dr. Astle, my OBGYN! He basically told me to get my butt down there, just in kinder words :o). Got down there at 10:00

He was so bruised when he came out, poor little guy, that's why he's so PURPLE in that picture of me holding him. He had a huge bruise on his right cheek too. Like I said, his head was 15 inches around, the nurses there said that's HUGE! Yah, no wonder it hurt so bad. He was born at 5:04 p.m., 9 lbs. 2 oz. and was 21 1/2 inches long! He's only 3 oz. smaller than Ryan was. They had me try and nurse him after they cleaned him a little, and he ate for an hour straight! Pig Pig Pig! They moved me to my room , which is so tinny! I felt bad for Brenden, he had to sleep on a small little recliner. He stayed with me that night to help me with the baby, we didn't want to send him to the nursery because they charge by the hour!
This is still Day one (Wednesday) Here are my three boys! Ryan and Jack just can't get enough of their new little brother Cole. They want to hold him all the time. Which might me okay, but it's too much work for me to have to watch them all the time!
This is still Day one (Wednesday) Here are my three boys! Ryan and Jack just can't get enough of their new little brother Cole. They want to hold him all the time. Which might me okay, but it's too much work for me to have to watch them all the time! 
This is day Two (Thursday). He is the cutest thing I've ever seen! He's cleared up a lot just over night (from his bruises) Even though he's a big baby, look how small he is compared to my hand.

This is today Day Three (Friday). The bottom right looks exactly like Jack did when he was a baby, he has moments that he looks like Ryan and others he looks like neither! No matter who he looks like, he is so darn cute! I am so thankful for him, and it's so hard for me to not hold him all day long! He's been a really good baby so far. It's really cute when he cries, Brenden says it sounds like a donkey :o) If you look really close to the bottom left picture, you can see the red in his eyes, both of his eyes are like that, he must have popped some blood vessels on the way out.

7 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!! He is SUCH a CUTIE!! Kuddos to you for no epidural.
He is definately a cutie! Good Job!
Hey, great job!! You're a tough woman to say nay to the drugs. sounds like I should stick to the epidural and let the kidney stones be worse. :)Hope you can get some rest.
He looks like a mini jack! So cute I have to give you props, I would have just laid there and said pull the baby out, I won't push!
Congrats guys!! He is adorable!! Yea that you have Dr. Astle, I LOVE him! I think he must go to girls camp every single summer though because the day Andrew was born, July 11th, he was at girls camp and I had to have some dr. I had never met deliver Andrew. Unfortunately my labor was so quick with him that I wasn't able to have an epidural but mine didn't go on as long as yours and I don't think it was as bad as yours. I was only at the hospital for less than 1/2 hour before Andrew was born. Way to go for being so TOUGH!! You are an amazing woman!
CONGRATS!!! He is absolutely perfect!! What a cutie!!
He is really a cute baby Rachelle! No epidural! You are a stud! I had never heard that trick about the knees.
Post a Comment