Monday, July 14, 2008

Cole's First Dr. Apt.

I was really hoping to just go down to Cole's doctors appointment and right back. Of course that doesn't ever happen. I did go right to the doctors office, went back into a room and got Cole completely naked, and the poor little guy had to be naked for nearly 20 minutes or so before they finally came to weigh him. He weighed in at 8 pounds 8 ounces. His head at birth was 38 centimeters, and now is down to 36 1/2. not much change there. The doc says that his eyes are just fine, and that they'll probably stay red for quite a while, but it'll go away. One of the assistants, or whatever you want to call them, brought the little thing they had to strap Cole down in to circumcise him. I don't know if any of you have seen it done, but they have to strap the legs down and the arms down so they can't move at all! It's so sad. I know that a lot of people think I am so WEIRD and CRAZY, but it's interesting to me, so I watch. I sat on the table next to Cole, so I could keep his binky in his mouth. The doc stuck him quite a few times to numb his poor little wiener. That was probably the most painful part for Cole, thank heavens. He got these little clamps and pull down the skin and clean the area. Then he got this other big clamp type thingy that went around the wiener, and then he got a knife and cut the extra skin off, YUCK! He put a gallon of vaseline on it and put his diaper back on, and that was that!

I decided that I wanted to get a hand and foot mold for Cole. I have a friend that dose that, so I called her and went over to her house. I haven't seen her in FOREVER, so of course we talked, and talked, and talked. I didn't get home until like 2:00, and his apt was at 10:00! It was fun though, and well worth it. I just feel bad because I didn't really do that for my other kids, oops!

3 comments:

Rebecca and Christy said...

so sad, I don't know if I would even be able to be in the same room when they circumzise them...hopefully David can take care of that if we have a boy!

Emily said...

you are crazy!! I don't think I could even watch it done to someone elses baby. I'm just glad it's OVER!!

Melinda said...

I am glad you are getting a mold of his CUTE little BIG feet and hands. They are too CUTE!