Friday, September 18, 2009

Monday's Dr. Apt.

Cole is in some kind of study, I think for a measles shot. I think Europe, or somewhere, has a measles shot that's slightly better than ours, and so they have to do a study on some kids to see how they react. He's supposed to get a measles shot anyways, plus while he's on this study all his doctors visits are free, and they give me a gift card to Target every time I have to go in. It's weird, because I took him in about a month ago for his one year visit and his measles shot (among other shots), and he was 50% for his weight and 90% for height. In one month his weight jumped up to almost 80%! Wow, it must be that Vitamin D milk that's puttin on the pounds :o) Plus, he also got his first flu shot, he cried until the nurse gave him a sucker, then all was well. Any who, his doc. told me at the beginning I'd be getting a $5 gift card to either Target or Harmons, thought that was a nice bonus. So this was his second visit, so I had two $5 to Target, went there and got a couple things I forgot to get at Wal-Mart. Dang, I went over the $10, but I guess that was okay. I get to the register and hand them both of my gift cards and grab my debit card, I knew I would be needing it. The cashier told me that she didn't even use the full amount on ONE of the cards, and that there was still over $5 on it. Come to find out it was a $25 gift card, not $5!!!! What a WONDERFUL surprise! It was like when you find money in your jeans you haven't worn in a while, awesome!

No comments: