Thursday, September 3, 2009

Accident Prone

My mind is fading fast, so I thought I should write things down now, before I forget them all. This post will be a flashback of all my accidents, or at least these three that I can still remember :o) It all began when I was probably in the second grade. Our house kinda had three stories, kinda. There was a main floor, with a basement, and the upstairs was only like four or five steps up, and was above the basement, so kinda three stories. Anyways, one of my brothers favorite things to do was to jump off the roof onto the trampoline, don't ask why my mom was letting them do that. Maybe she didn't know, I don't have a clue. They had set up the latter right by the kitchen window, and were climbing it to jump onto the tramp. Well, I wanted a turn too, so I followed them up. Needless to say, I got up about half way and slipped and fell, landing on the hard cement. One of my sisters were washing the dishes and saw me fall, and started to scream! I lay lifeless on the hard cement, someone called the ambulance and they rushed me to St. George. From there they took me in the helicopter and life flighted me to Vegas, where I stayed in a coma for 3 days. SCARY! I know this may sound way dumb, but I do remember one thing while I was in my coma. I remember it being very bright and white, I remember some man holding my hand and walking with me. I remember feeling a great love for this man, and that I trusted him. Then I remember him telling me I had to go back, then I woke up. Read into that what you will, maybe it was just a dream, maybe it was more. I'd like to think it was more, but maybe I'm wrong. Anyways, I woke up and all I wanted to do is go home, but they made me stay another day or two. I had cracked my skull, and it's still kinda cracked. When I lay on a hard surface, I can rock my head back and forth and feel where the crack is. I can also still feel the crack on my forehead. Is this why I'm loosing my mind, or is it just parenthood?

Okay, next. I have no idea how old I was when this happened, but I know it was after the house accident. My brother David and I went on a four-wheeler ride down in the big wash. He was driving and I was on the back. We decided to go up this really steep hill, when we got to the top there was half a bolder sticking out of the ground. We couldn't make it over it, and the four-wheeler started to roll down the hill. When it was done rolling, the big back tire had landed on my head. Lucky for us, we had helmets on! I remember getting back on the four-wheeler, I didn't remember the ride home, the next thing I remember was being up in my moms room and she was cleaning all the cuts and scrapes. Now is this the reason I'm loosing my mind?

I think this next one was during the summer after 3rd or 4th grade. There was a tree at the church I used to LOVE to climb. I was a big tree climber. I loved climbing to the VERY top! This one time I climbed to the top and was shaking it, like usual, I lost my balance, and fell. It was a LONG way down. I landed on my back, which took the wind right out of me. I remember it was the day before my family was going to go to Lagoon for our summer vacation. I, for the most part, was fine. My chest was a little bruised, and my foot hurt really bad. I remember we left really early the next morning to drive up to Salt Lake, and we stopped in Cedar to have a doctor look at my foot. I also remember him being really ticked off that he had to be there so early. Which doesn't make sense to me now, wouldn't there be a doctor on call, or at the hospital already. I don't know, all's I know is that my foot was extremely bruised. My awesome brother-in-law, Tyler, let me have a piggy back ride most of the day, how nice :o)

One more I remember, biggest accident I can think of......Walking in on my parents!!!!!!!

When I get some time, I'll go take pictures of the accident sites and post them with this post.

1 comment:

~ Stacie ~ said...

OK, but just leave your parent's picture out of it! LOL