I have to keep reminding myself that my kids, are just that, Kids! I don't know why I think they should "know it all". When they don't do something right, I get all uptight and upset because they aren't doing it perfect. I keep telling Ryan that when I do get mad at him for something stupid like that, he needs to just say, "Mom, I'm just a kid, I'm not even seven yet." He usually just forgets and lets me get mad at him.
One thing, if anyone has any suggestions it would be great. Ryan is taking after his Uncle David, he chews on EVERYTHING! It's really nasty because he'll just pick something up off of the ground and just chew on it. Sometimes I'll ask him whats in his mouth and he says, "I don't know" GROSS! He is always chewing on his clothes too, he's actually chewed holes in some of his new school clothes. Brenden and I told him that every time he has any kind of fabric in his mouth he owes us 10 cents. (Last night he was chewing on the couch pillows.) Within an hour today, he had to give me a dollar! It's so out of hand, what do I do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I think it is just a phase. Sammy went through it and now Austin does it really bad. I do keep on them though because I don't want it to turn into a bad habit. Besides, it really ERKS me when they chew through clothes too!
OK, so I geuss my kids have not yet hit that stage yet. But I have, when I was in high school I loved to chew on pen lids. and as we speak I'm chewing on something right now (one of those plastic things off of a tag) Like me he may never grow out of it, but if he must chew you can let him know what he can chew. SOME PEOPLE JUST LIKE TO CHEW!!!!
It sounds like he's getting it from both sides of the family. Jared's the same way. He chews on everything thats small and plastic or toothpicks. It's more a habit than anything but It can't be too healthy for the teeth. Maybe if you tell that to him it might scare him off or something. All bad habits are hard to break. Good luck!
I just think the kids needs more FIBER!!! :) Sorry no advise here, I chew straws!
Post a Comment