Monday, October 20, 2008
Sad News
Sunday in the opening prayer for Sacrament meeting they said to bless the Hanks family. I hadn't heard anything and wondered why, I was going to ask someone, but forgot by the time church was over. This morning Brenden called me and asked if I had heard about Jason Hanks, he continued to tell me that Jasons little brother, who is 3, accidentally shot him in the back with a REAL gun! Jason is 6 years old, and in the same class as Ryan. I have had a knot in my stomach all morning, I tried to call Summer, his mom, but no answer. I did however just get off of the phone with her, she called me back. I didn't want to bother her too much with my curiosity, but I did find out a little. It happened Saturday, don't know exactly how, he was life flighted to Vegas, and is still there. She said something about his lungs, and spleen getting hit, and he has some broken ribs. Also the aorta, connected to the heart was damaged, and he may or may not have to have surgery. He is breathing on his own today, which is good news, his lungs are healing well, and it may be another month or so before his ribs heal. They don't know when he will be transferred to the St. George hospital, but she said she'll let me know. My heart goes out to her, I know my heart was breaking just thinking he might not be okay. She said that the doctors said he'll be fine though, thank heaven. If I get any more news I'll keep you posted. I'm sorry that they have to even go through this, my heart and prayers go out to the Hanks family :o(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is way sad! Glad he is going to be okay. I just seen it on the news too.
Oh NO!! I'm soooo sad. My boys went on a little hunt with their daddy and it just makes us far more cautious with guns and little kids. I love summer, so please keep us updated. I'll call jodi for more details. Oh that makes me so sad!
I didn't even realize her kids were that old. I too hope that he will be ok. Tell her we are keeping them in our prayers.
Post a Comment