Sunday, June 22, 2008
My Two New Babies
Okay, here we go. Brenden and I decided to go grocery shopping yesterday. We got into town and started to pull into Costco, and I started having a really bad pain in my back on the left side. I said to Brenden that if this is what contractions are going to feel like when I'm in labor, I'm defiantly getting an epidural! I could handle it for now though, because it wasn't going to last for very long. But it wasn't going away! Brenden found a parking spot, and I was sitting there crying. It hurt so bad that I couldn't even tell Brenden what to do. He finally started the car and we drove to the hospital, because this pain was NOT going away. We got there, got in a room, changed into my "gown", got into bed, and the pain finally stopped. Okay I felt really stupid, but the pain lasted for 20 min. I had to go in, I didn't know what was wrong. Exactly an hour after the pain had started, the pain came back. Wholly Crap it hurt! They took a urine sample to see if it was a kidney stone. That came back not showing anything, so what the heck was going on!? I was dilated to a 2, my contractions were coming every 5 min. The pain was consistently there, but it hurt even worse when I had a contraction. I had to rate my pain, it was up to a 9 and sometimes a 10 when I was having my contractions. They still didn't know if this was me being in labor or if it was kidney stones. My nurse asked if I wanted some morphine, I didn't know. We don't have any insurance, and the only thing I could think of was MONEY! How much is this costing us? Brenden told me to just get it, so I did. It would have been nice if it would have helped at all. It only made me sick, and loopy. She checked me again about 2 hours later and I was only at a 2+, she said I wasn't in labor because I should have dilated a lot more than that in 2 hours. Then eventually she had to give me something to make me not throw up. Later they gave me a different kind of pain pill. Shortly after I took it I went to the bathroom, sat down and felt fine. They said that it shouldn't have kicked in that fast, and maybe a passed a stone and didn't notice it in the toilet. I felt fine, and had no pain for over an hour. They were about to send me home, and the pain started again! CRAP! Then they told me that I needed to spend the night, $$$$ Really, good heck! They switched me rooms, the pain stopped almost completely, and so did the contractions. I went to the bathroom, and they strained my pee, and found two small tinny little stones. Later at about 2:30 my nurse said that I could go home, or I could wait till morning. As soon as she left, Brenden sat up and said "Let's go!" We were there for exactly 9 hours! She sent me home with my two little babies, my kidney stones. For something so small, they sure did cause a whole lot of pain! That was my wonderful experience in the hospital. We went down for grocery's and came back with two grains of sand, that the nurse called "Kidney Stones" I have an appointment tomorrow, I already know no big news. I know I'm going to have to stay this way for another couple weeks I'm sure, but at least it's only a couple weeks, right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am glad you are feeling better! Let me know what they say after your appointment.
I'm so sorry! :( They say kidney stones are worse or comparable to labor. Just think you get to go through labor pains TWICE!! Lucky you. :) Glad you are feeling better!
OUCH! I have had my share of kidney stones and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I think labor is a breeze compared to that. Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better. My advice. DRINK LOTS OF WATER!! :)
dang! That sounds awful..on top of being pregnant you had to deal with that....Jed has had a couple and he has high pain tolerance and he was on the bathroom floor! now labor will be a breeze...at least jed says kidney stones are worse than labor....like he flippin knows! Hahaha
Post a Comment