Sunday, July 19, 2009

My House

I hate my house, here are the reasons (not in any particular order)

1. The stupid community closet.

This house was built by my great grandfather and has been added onto about a million times, When we first moved in, SEVEN YEARS AGO, it had NO closets at all. It had a small bathroom in between two bedrooms. Brenden did away with one of the bedrooms, extended the bathroom, and made a big closet, which we all have to share. It sucks.

2. ONE bathroom

Technically there is one full bath, one 3/4 bath and a 1/2 bath. Only one of them is usable at this moment, and it SUCKS!!! Also very hard to keep clean, but I'm trying

3. Squeaky floor

This is one of the worst things about this house. Upstairs no matter where you step, the floor squeaks, the stairs squeak. This makes it very hard when you have a sleeping child that wakes up when you walk on the floor. For example, last night Cole woke up screaming at about 1:00 in the morning. I'm a firm believer of leaving him in his crib and just comforting him and NOT picking him up. I've found that babies learn very fast, and if you pick them up, they know to wake up again the next night and you'll pick them up again. They also learn that if you DON'T pick them up, then why wake up the next night and just cry. Every once in a while Cole does wake up in the middle of the night screaming, not very often though. I comforted him, and left the room. I made one BIG mistake though. I stood on the other side of his door, in case I needed to go back in if he didn't calm himself down. Well he did calm himself down, but I couldn't move, because every time I tried to just shift my weight, the floor squeaked and he popped his head up to see what if someone was coming. I had to very slowly and quietly sneak out of there. Was not an easy task. Don't for one minute try and tell me that I need to just replace the floor upstairs. Because that takes MONEY and we don't have any :o)

4. Shared bedroom

This house started out with 4 bedrooms, now it only has three. Two upstairs and one down. The downstairs room is more of an office/crap collector room/Wii room. So you guessed it, Brenden and I have the bigger bedroom upstairs and all three boys are stuck in the second bedroom. This makes it VERY hard when Cole waked up screaming in the middle of the night, because he wakes up the WHOLE HOUSE!

5. Cheep Stuff

When we did move in it was necessary to redo the kitchen, it was TERRIBLE! Since we are so rich(haha), we got the cheapest stuff we could. Flooring, cabinets, counter top, stove, everything was the cheapest we could find. Now it's all falling apart! You can't even tell when I mop the floor, because the flooring is just CRAP!

There are many more things I could complain about, but I'll try to stop now. Although this house isn't the best thing, and it certainly isn't the nicest by any means. I guess I'm glad we have it. There are many things I should be grateful for, like our small house payment. I was talking to my mom today about how gungho (does anyone say that anymore?) I am about getting out of debt, so we can finally start to save up to fix our house the way we want. See if our house had a different layout, we could utilize our space so much better, and then I would be happy :o) If I lived in a nice house, and had nice things, then I don't think I would care as much about getting out of debt. I guess is what I'm trying to say is that I guess I'm thankful for this piece of crap that I live in. I know others have A LOT worse than I do, and MAYBE if I'm lucky, someday I'll have something nice too. It's just hard to have a good attitude when we've had the money twice now to fix our house up. I don't just mean fix up, I mean gut out and start over. But we've GIVEN it away! I say given, because it started out as a loan, but it ended up being a loan we weren't going to get paid back for. Even though we have to pay back the bank. We've learned our lesson though, so don't come ask us for any money, because if we had it (which we don't) we wouldn't let you borrow it! Sorry, I'm a little bitter, can ya tell. I guess there is nothing left to do but try and make the best out of our situation, and try to de-crapify our house. I'm now trying to utilize the space we do have, to the best of it's ability. Wish me luck :o)

1 comment:

Aaron and Rosa Lee said...

I know how you feel about the house problems. At least we are thankful to have our own homes, especially during a time like this. At least you have space in your home. There are 5 of us in a 666 sq. ft house. Kids in the bedroom and we sleep on a matress on the floor in our dining room. I can't believe most of our stuff has been in storage for almost 2 years!