Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ellie's Baptism

Yesterday we went to St. George for my niece Ellie's baptism (That's my brother Scott's girl). It was so neat! I'm not use to the BIG stake baptisms though, I haven't been to one here in Enterprise for awhile (Except like last month my nephew Reed got baptized, but he did it on a different day so his was personal.), but I don't think they do a big stake baptism, but I could be completely WRONG! We went into the chapel and Brenden made a comment about how if you were to put a mustache on my mom she would look exactly like my Uncle David (her brother of course). Then I noticed my Uncle David there and thought why did he drive all the way from Mesquite, but that was nice. Then I was told his granddaughter was in the same ward as Scott and was also getting baptized. It was really cool. Afterwords we went over to Scott and Selma's new house to have some YUMMY food! We got a little lost on the way, but we finally made it ;o) It was nice to see Selma's family, I haven't seen some of them for quite a while, and they are always all so nice. There was someone there with her family that I was trying to figure out who the heck it was, had no clue. Then she started to talk to me, and she even knew my name. So of course I asked who the heck she was and how she knew me. It was Selma's sister Ida, I hadn't seen her in so long that I didn't recognize her at all. Embarrassing! She was nice though and just kinda laughed. I took a tour of their new house, it was way nice, I thought it was perfect! It has a room for every kid, pluse a play area upstairs. Ryan is so excited about getting baptized, he only has 1 year and like 2 months until he's 8. He keeps talking about what we're going to do, and where we're going to eat, and who's going to come, all that fun stuff. He's the next one to get baptized on both sides of the family now and he can't wait!

1 comment:

Kali said...

How cute that Ryan is so excited to get baptized!