Sunday, May 2, 2010

Time for some Ketchup

Good grief. I know it has been forever, but I'm FINALLY done with my book! Sorry, it's been so long I can't remember what I've told and what I haven't. That and I'm too lazy to read all my old posts to find out, so I'll just tell ya what I want to, so there, we have some catchin up to do. First of all, I don't know if I ever mentioned that I have a new (well not new anymore) calling in church, I'm the assistant to the Miamaids. Love it! I was really hesitant at first, it seems like all the people I know that have been called to serve in the Young Womens program haven't really loved it all that much, but I absolutely LOVE it! I know this sounds totally stupid, but one of my favorite parts is teaching the lessons! Even though I get all nervous and sweaty, I love it. I love making handouts and I'm always trying to have neat table decorations, trying :) I love the activities, and I am totally excited for girls camp. Next week I get to teach the lesson, it's on family heritage. I'm crossing my fingers that my book will be here by then. I'm totally psyched about this lesson, I know, lame right. Anyways, love my calling!
Next on the list, I went to the eye doctor last week, and guess what.....no shot!!! That makes two months without getting an injection, that's totally awesome!
I don't know if I want to say anything about this next one that's on my list.....but in young womens today we talked about keeping a journal, and writing down our feelings, so I guess I better. Today was fast and testimony meeting, which I totally had to make myself put a reminder on my phone for the Saturday before fast Sunday, because I ALWAYS forget and I end up making my fam a huge breakfast, then I hear someones stomach rumbling in church and hit myself on the head and say 'oh CRAP!' Anyways, I'm trying to be better. Last year Ryan's first grade teacher was Ms. Randall, she is one of the most awesome young lady's that I know. She's in our ward and bears her testimony just about every week, and it's awesome. She has been an example to me, and an awesome example to Ryan, he's even bore his testimony before, probably because he thinks she is so neat, and that he sees her get up and do it. Anyways, not too long ago she went in for surgery, I think they found a tumor on her brain. I don't know very many details, but I have heard that they weren't able to get the whole tumor, and that she's going to get kemo, but that may not help her. This totally is making me ball my eyes out, I love her so much! She bore her testimony today, and I don't think there could have been a dry eye in the building. She is so strong in the Gospel, and has so much faith, and Ryan doesn't understand why this is happening to her. My prayers are with her, and may the Lords will, be done. I just hope the Lords will, is for her to be here with us to have a full and happy life, I think she's only like 24 years old, and she is such an awesome example to all of us that know her. I love you Angle!

2 comments:

Me and The Boys said...

this breaks my heart! Miss Randall is also Broc's teacher this year! He misses her so much! She comes to visit them at the school once in awhile! Love her too!

~ Stacie ~ said...

It's so sad to see people go through trials like that. I often think ya know, it can happen to ANYONE. Am I living my life the way I should and would be proud of? Do I have enough faith like Angel to get me through my trials. She is AMAZING and her testimony has touched everyone.