Thursday, March 5, 2009

Schedule

I think we can all agree that children, especially babies, need to be on a schedule, right? If it works out so great for them, why should we be any different? Okay back 100 years ago when my sister-in-law Selma used to live by me, I noticed that she had written out a schedule for herself for the day. I thought that was a great idea, so I did it. I wrote down what time I needed to do what, it worked out nice because I was able to look at my schedule and see what I needed to have done by lets say 10:00. If I was ahead of schedule, GREAT! Anyways, I did that for awhile, then my awesome brother-in-law, Jared, saw it on my fridge and was making fun of me. I had gone into detail what I needed to get done throughout the day. He thought it was funny that I had to have a piece of paper telling me what I needed to do. He made me feel stupid, like usual, and I took it down and stopped. That was a couple years ago, I haven't had a schedule since. It's been tough trying to get motivated to clean, or do anything. TV is so much more interesting, and so is the computer. I haven't been getting much done lately, I've been a HUGE slacker. A couple weeks ago my sister-in-law, Stacie, posted on her blog that she had written herself up a schedule, and it got me motivated again to revise mine (I still had it saved on my computer) and print another copy. I've just been doing it for a couple weeks, and I haven't given it my FULL attention (I haven't been doing my "daily chores"), but it's made a HUGE difference. I have so much more time to do stuff, for me and for my kids. I am seriously such a TV junkie, and now I've made a rule that the only time I get to watch TV is when I'm folding laundry, or nursing Cole, sometimes at night when all the good shows are on as long as the house is clean. If you don't have a schedule and are struggling, I suggest making one up for yourself. I have listed what I should be doing throughout the day, I have a "daily chore". Let me explain.....I need to make sure the house is straighted up, but every day I have a different room I need to "Clean", that is my "daily chore". I also HATE doing, sorry, folding laundry, so I do one load a day, so I don't get too overwhelmed. It's worked for me anyways. Here is what a typical day looks like for me.




6:30 Wake Up, Eat, Get ready or feed Cole
7:00 Wake up Ryan and get ready for School
7:40 Take Ryan To School
8:00 Fix Breakfast for Jack, and Cole, get ready for the day if you haven’t already
8:30 Get Jack and Cole Ready
9:00 Feedin’ Time/Nap time
9:30 Straighten up house
10:30 Daily Chore
After house is CLEAN, Learning time/reading time
11:30 Lunch Time
12:00 Feedin’ Time
1:00 Make sure house is CLEAN before doing ANYTHING!
FREE TIME
2:30 Ryan Gets out of School, do Homework! SNACK
3:00 Feedin’ Time
4:00 What’s For Dinner?
5:00 Start DINNER
6:00 Feedin’ Time
6:30 Eat DINNER
7:00 Scripture Study/Family Prayers
7:30 Get Kids Ready for bed
8:00 Feedin’ Time, put Cole to bed
8:30 Read stories say prayers, kids go night night
9:30 Straighten up the house again
10:30 Go to bed




Laundry Schedule
Monday- Whites
Tuesday -Lights and Darks
Wednesday- Jeans
Thursday -Brenden’s work clothes
Friday -Towels
Saturday -Sheets

Monday Living room
* Dust
* Sweep Ceiling for Webs
* Wipe down walls, doors, and base boards
* Straighten books
* Put everything where it goes
* Vacuum
Tuesday Kitchen
* Put everything where it goes
* Clean counter/table/chairs
* Clean Oven
* Do dishes
* Clean Sink
* Clean Fridge out
* Empty Trash
* Sweep and mop the floor
* Clean top of Fridge and cabinets
* Wipe down walls, doors, and base boards
Wednesday Bathrooms
* Put everything where it goes
* Empty trash
* Empty Laundry
* Clean counter/toilet/shower
* Sweep and mop the floor
* Wipe down walls, doors, and base boards
Thursday Laundry room
* Make sure clothes are in their proper bin
* Clean and clear off washer and dryer
* Empty Trash
* Straighten up pantry
* Clean our freezer
* Sweep and mop the floor
* Wipe down walls, doors, and base boards
Friday Upstairs
* Put all toys where they go
* Dust
* Vacuum
* Organize and vacuum Bedrooms
* Wipe down walls, doors, and base boards
* Wash bedding, and make beds

8 comments:

~ Stacie ~ said...

I think you are just super AWESOME! We all know Jared can be such a tease sometimes. I liked reading your schedual, They work! One thing I have to tell myself if I am not getting EVERYTHING done I wanted to is, "Oh well, as long as I am trying". I haven't been so good with my excercising......Oh well!

Unknown said...

Your awesome B.I.L. said you forgot your morning prayers!! LOL!

Unknown said...

Oh ya, I say schedules are good and you get a lot more accomplished in the day! I also love you new background!

Aaron and Rosa Lee said...

Way to go Rachelle.Some of those chores I haven't done for months or ever in my house. The only routine I have down is mornings til 10, because my work schedule is different every week. Some days I work all day with a short break to get kids from school which I fit in reading and homework. I love the idea though, because I can't ever seem to keep up. Keep it up.

Scott and Selma said...

Good job Rachelle! Life is easier and funner when the house isn't overwhelming. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey you need to come make me a schedule.....could you scedule me in some time!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

by the way, you spelled schedule wrong Ha ha

goldmania said...

Man, I'm exhausted for you, just looking at your list. :) you're awesome.