Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cedar Wrestle

Every year we've gone to Cedar, lets face it, it's only an hour away! Every year we've gone, and every year it's a joke! We get there and the mats are NEVER out, and the bleachers are NEVER out, and the tables are of course NEVER ready. They are the least organized people I've seen. Every year I swear I won't go back, and yet I still do. Mainly because I forget how unorganized they are until I get there, and it all comes back to me, "Oh Brother!" This one was especially bad because nobody knew what time weigh in was at, we all guessed 7 a.m., since that's when most of them were. NOPE, we got there at 7, and yes were able to weigh in, but weigh in's weren't actually until 8! So we sat there for an extra hour. ANYWAYS......Ryan did really good, and he even got done pretty quick. They moved half of the first graders to a different mat, which was awesome. The sucky thing was that the ref for his mat was so stupid in my opinion. I'm sorry but how to you ref wrestling if you can't and don't get down on the mat with the wrestlers?! This kid had a soda in his hand half of the time and wouldn't even get down to see if they were close to a pin. WHATEVER! If you look at the top left pic. there's an arrow pointing to hi soda. The middle right he's actually down on the mat!
Can't wait until this Saturday, its STATE, and it's in Cedar at Canyon View! I'm so nervous for Ryan, I know he'll do good, but I can't help it. It's going to be a LONG day. Last year I don't think we got out of there until after 4 in the afternoon! Weigh in's are from 7-8:30 in case anyone needs to know :o) I'm excited, because this year I'm starting to understand everything more, I just ask a lot of dumb questions :o)

1 comment:

~ Stacie ~ said...

That is so cool! Let me know if you need a babysitter. Good Luck RY!