Sunday, February 22, 2009

And So It Begins

Bantom Wrestling has officially begun! Saturday morning was the Parowan meet. I woke up at 4:45, went down stairs and just about had a hart attack! Jack was just standing there, I scare very easily, and I was not expecting to see anyone there that early in the morning. I hurried and got ready, got Ryan up and ready. Luckily my mom said Jack could go over to her house that morning, so I didn't have to worry about him all day, it was nice. I got Cole up, and tried to just put him in his car seat, since he was still sleeping. But my kids don't know how to be quiet, so he woke up. I guess that was a good thing though, then I was able to feed him before we left. I hitched a ride with my good friend Emily, thanks again for the ride! Weigh in's were at 7:00, we got there with perfect timing. Ryans gained a little weight since last year. Last year he weighted in at about 50 lbs all year, until state then it was only 45 lbs. Now he's a little over 60 lbs! He's a growing boy. Ya know wrestling for me, is just for fun. Yah we love it when he wins, but who cares. There is this lady that was trying to get her 1st grader to loose weight so he could be in a smaller weight class. I think that's a little extreme for a 1st grader, but that's me. I just let Ryan do what he wants to do. Finally they started Wrestling at 9:00, yes it's all about sitting around and waiting! Ryan wrestled the heaviest kid in his weight class first, he was a 63 pounder, Ryan pined him!
The second kid was like 58 lbs, Ryan pined him too!

I thought for sure the heavier kid would be the hardest, but oh no! His last match was with a kid that weighed in at 59 lbs, and he gave Ryan a run for his money! He was tough I didn't know who was going to win, this kid was mean, and he was getting pissed off because he wasn't winning, and so was his mom, holy cow! They had to stop the match a couple times because the kid was getting so tired, and he kept crying. Finally they had to just end the match, Ryan WON! I heard them say that they've never had a match score so many points before. Brenden later told me that once you get to 15 points, the match is over.
Let me tell you, that kid was PISSED! I told Ryan if he ever acts like that because he doesn't win, we're done, it really was ridiculous! Ryan has yet to be pinned, last year he won all the matches he wrestled, until we got to state, he got 2nd place, but he still didn't get pinned!

6 comments:

Heather said...

That's awesome. Tell Ryan congrats from Uncle Justin and Aunt Heather. He's a tough "little" growing boy. :)

Melinda said...

Good job Ryan!! I am with you and trying to get a kid to lose weight is really rediculous!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!! I had no idea he was so good at wrestling. You are such a good mom!

Chanda said...

I am such a baby about wrestling! You would think since I am from Delta I would be hard core but seeing those boys on the mat makes me want to cry! I am so glad that Ryan hasn't been pinned though! He must be tough! Good Job Ryan! Way to Go!!!

Scott and Selma said...

Congrats Ryan! You are the bomb! Let us know when your matches are close and Scottie would love to come watch.

~ Stacie ~ said...

Go RY! He must have got all the great Moody wrestling genes in him. I'm like Chanda, I'm a baby! You must be a proud mamma!