Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I need to puke and I wanna die!

I haven't been running/walking since before I went to California at the beginning of August. Stacie and I used to take the kids to the track after dinner and we would run/walk. It was nice to get out and get some exercise. Going on vacation always throws me off, so it's been awhile. I've decided the only time I can go is after I put my kids to bed. Last Monday I decided that I'm just gonna go, if I go by myself then I go by myself. That night we ended up going to the reservoir for FHE, with a bunch of friends. I said something to Melinda about going to the track that night, because I know shes been going. It was a date! I got there first and decided I was going to start without her, yah right. I didn't realize how dark and scary it is by yourself. I didn't want to boogie man to get me, that would be a shame. She talked to me about this "Couch to 5K" program she's been doing. I thought that sounded like something I really need to do, so I said what the heck. She also was saying how sometimes when she works out she wants to puke, and that she was watching this show that says you don't have a "good" work out unless you puke or feel like you really need to. I kept Melindas pace as we walked and ran around the track. That night I got thinking, I have NEVER wanted or needed to puke after a work out. That's it, I'm gonna go my own pace. I found an app for my phone that does the "couch to 5K" program. You need to program because each week you do something different. You're supposed to go three times a week. You always start out with a 5 min warm up walk and end with a 5 min cool down walk. Week one you run for 60 sec, then walk for 90 and keep alternating. The program tells you when you need to switch from running to walking, and keeps track of how long and all that stuff that makes it easier with the program. Anyways we went running three more times last week, and I did go at my own pace, boy did I kick my own butt. I haven't gone my own pace for....I don't know if I've ever gone my OWN pace, I usually go as fast as the person walking with me. I did feel like I wanted to puke, but never did. By the end of the week I felt pretty good. I figured that if I can run for 60 seconds then I can run 90. On to the next week in the program, run 90 seconds and walk 2 minutes. I can totally do this, easy as pie! WHATEVER! Last night after my run, I really wanted to DIE! I have never been so close to puking, and I'm surprised I didn't. I feel like going back to week one again in the program, but I better not, I need to push myself, even if it kills me, right? Wish me luck!

No comments: