Friday, September 10, 2010
Eye update
Okay, I know I haven't blogged about my eye in A LONG TIME! It's been so long that I'm gonna have to think long and hard about what has been going on. My last eye check up was June 30th, and my last shot was February 17th. I haven't seemed to have any problems with my vision. My next check up will probably be in December or January. One of my last appointments I talked to the Dr. about getting pregnant. He told me that with your hormones being all out of whack, my vision problem would most likely come up again. The medicine they inject into my eye could cause miscarriage or retardation in my child and they (the Dr. office) would not be willing to give me a shot for liability purposes. I would have to go all the way up to Salt Lake to get a shot. If I chose not to get an injection while I was pregnant I would most likely loose the sight in my eye (hopefully just the one eye), and it would be irreversible. He told me of an instance where a lady in a similar circumstance got pregnant, lost the sight in one of her eyes, and ended up blaming her child for that. That really got me thinking, I would not want my child to feel guilty for something they had no control over, and I really think I would blame him or her for that. I've been telling people that we are done having kids, and I really feel okay with that. I just hope the Lord doesn't have something else in mind for me. I really love my children, they are just a big trial in my life, I have mental issues I need to deal with. I'm trying and I guess that's all that matters, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sorry to hear :( We must keep your vision 100%. I would hate for you to miss Jacobs shirtless scenes! :)
Post a Comment