Monday, June 29, 2009

Strawberry Reservoir

What a week! Every time we leave the house I try to leave it clean, but in the rush of getting out it doesn't seem to be that way. I do have a schedule, it's just sticking to it that's the problem :o) It wasn't too dirty though, just laundry on the couch, among other things. Wednesday night I got out all the camp stuff and tried to clean it the best I could, while Brenden put the finishing touches on the camp trailer. We got all packed and ready to go for the next morning. I don't know why but Brenden wanted to leave at 5 Thursday morning, we got out of here a little after 5, so not bad timing. The kids were so excited to go camping, this was to be our first Moody family reunion, exciting! Ryan found out how far away it was, and wasn't as excited anymore. He hates traveling. The drive wasn't too bad, Cole was an AWESOME little guy, I don't think he cried once. It got scary a couple times with the camp trailer, it was fish tailin pretty bad, but Brenden got it all under control. We stooped at Wal-Mart to get some goodies, then we were on our way to Jared and Heidi's house. We didn't really know where we were going, so we needed to follow Jared. As we drove through Provo Canyon, it brought back memories of college. I haven't been there since me and my roommates went down the river. That was a fun day :o) I miss my roomies. Speaking of my roomies, we were listening to a CD Brenden burned, and the song "Michelle, My Bell" came on. That brought back memories of college too. I had another rommie that would sing that too me "Rachelle, my Bell". Anyways back to the trip. It was a beautiful drive. The kids had fun trying to find all the waterfalls. We finally got to the campsite, and it was beautiful. Check out our view, it was awesome.
When we got there they started telling us they had a bear in their camp! Wholly Crap! I'm so glad we brought our trailer, and not just our tent. It was just a yearling thank heavens, but it tore into my in-laws tent they had set up (no worries, they weren't sleeping in it), ate some bread, got stuck in the tent, peed on a tree (so I'm told), then left. I was kinda looking forward to it coming back, so I could see and take some pictures. I think by that night (when he normally came) there were too many people there, and too much noise, so he didn't come. The rangers came by and put up a bear trap near our camp though. Thursday when we got there Uncle Justin took the kids out on the boat to go fishing, Jack caught his first fish! I wasn't there, but Brenden said he was so excited, had the biggest smile on his face! BUT, he wouldn't touch it, I was lucky he got this close to it. He told me that he touched it though. "Uncle Justin accidentally dropped it, and it touched my knee" he said, even though he had pants on :o) I guess that counts as touching it, right?
Here are some of the kids, after having their turn at the "fishing pond"Aunt Chantel, and Jaedi, with Cole

It was really fun, even if I didn't get to go on any four-wheeler rides :o( Our trailer was surprisingly comfortable to sleep in. The first night was pretty warm, even though it was raining all night. I thought it would be cold that next morning, but it was really warm outside too. It started raining Friday, so we were stuck in our trailers for part of the day. It cleared up, but started raining again that night, so we all went to bed early. It was pretty cold that night. I hate it when it's cold, because I worry about Cole. He's always moving around and kicking his blankets off.
Austin and Ryan Posing for the camera!
Jack is pushing Juel down the hill in our little truck, I was just so glad that nobody got hurt on that thing, not that I heard of anyways.
Saturday was our good day. The guys went fishing, to get ready for the big "Fishing Derby" we were going to have later. While we did crafts with the kids. We even made up a skit for the kids to do for the guys. it was pretty funny :o) This is Jack, playing the part of Brenden.
And Ryan playing the part of Grandpa, and Justin.
Sunday morning Brenden was in a hurry to get the heck out of Dodge, we were the first ones to leave. The drive home wasn't as nice as the drive there. Cole was ONERY, and the kids kept FIGHTING! So much fun, let me tell ya. We stopped to get gas, and who should I happen to bump into (by the way I looked fabulous, NOT). A kid I went to high school with, Chris Noel. I don't think I've seen him since high school to tell you the truth. I didn't even recognize him. The only reason he recognized me, is because I had a T-shirt that said "Enterprise Baseball" on it. I hate running into people I haven't seen in a long time, when I look like CRAP! We got home to find out that ants have taken over our house! Seriously, I'm sick of the battle. Every year we tell them to leave, but they keep coming back, what the heck. I was thinking I was glad to be home, but I'm not. See when your camping you (or maybe it's just me) let your kids do whatever they want, for the most part. They get to run around and have fun with cousins. We come back home and it's back to the same old routine of yelling at the kids to stop fighting, and to clean up their messes. Plus, now I have to clean the house, why doesn't it stay clean? It's so hard to stay on top of it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute post! I'm with ya, I hate running into people I know when I look like crap! I have a lot o ant stuff let me know if you want me to bring some down!

Kali said...

You're funny!! :)
My mom had ants really bad and used this stuff she got at Lowe's called TERRO. She no longer has ants. GOOD LUCK!