Friday, June 19, 2009

Woh!

My heart skipped a beat tonight. Well, today Cole has still been pretty warm, still has a fever :o( This afternoon, he started to act a whole lot better, thank heavens. Tonight while I was nursing him, I thought he felt a little warm. I grabbed the ear thermometer and checked his temperature, holy cow it said 105.7! What the crap! So I checked it again, said the same thing. This has got to be wrong, so I checked it a third time, the same thing. I didn't think he felt that warm, and he was acting fine, it didn't really make sense. I tried one more time, except I did it in the other ear, it only read 101, what the heck. I checked each ear again, one still read 107, and the other 101, that's weird. Then a light bulb came on.....duh, I was just holding him, and the ear that was against my arm getting warm was the ear that had the higher reading, silly me :o) THANK HEAVENS!!! I've never had a temperature that high before, and I knew it wasn't a good thing.

1 comment:

Aaron and Rosa Lee said...

Just for your info a temp of 101 is not common for simple teething. Might want to look into that. Hope he gets feeling better.