Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sad News

Earlier this week I heard the ambulance, we hardly ever hear the ambulance around here. The next day my mom told me some false news, and later that night it became true. Our beloved bishop died :o( After the ambulance took him to the hospital, I've heard that he was put on life support until the family was able to gather together. He hasn't been doing well at all lately, I think he's had some kind of a tumor in or on his brain or something, for the past couple years they've been trying to get it under control. We went to tithing settlement last week and he looked very weak, I'm glad I was able to see him then though. This week has been very sad and full of tears. Although he was having health problems, I've heard that he fell and must have hit his head a certain way. Not exactly sure on the details. He was the best man I've ever known. He was my seminary teacher and he brought the gospel to life, and made it so interesting to learn. I don't think I've ever seen him without a smile on his face, he was so positive and up lifting. He was so knowledgeable about the gospel and I learned many great things from him, and know I could have learned so much more. He will be greatly missed. My prayers are with his family, but know this, he is without a doubt, standing next to God.
Saturday and today was especially hard I think. Saturday was our ward Christmas party and a sister in our ward got up and said a bit about Bishop Hess. It was nice, I don't think there was one person there that wasn't either crying or trying not to. Then today during church the speakers said a little about Bishop Hess. It was nice too, but sad. I remember one thing that my cousin said at my Aunt Josephines funeral "We are not here to mourn, we are here to rejoice, for she is in a better place, with her husband, and without pain" And I believe we all need to know that Bishop, Brother Hess is without pain and in a better place, we will all see him again, and I am so thankful for that knowledge, I don't know where I would be without it.

No comments: