Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014 Monday

I have been writing in my journal since I stopped posting on my blog.  I thought that maybe my posterity might want to "see" my hand writing, which is still true. I just don't seem to write as much, I mean I write everyday, but my typing can keep up with my brain thinking faster than I can write, plus this way I can use spell check.  Since I haven't written in nearly two weeks I thought I should try blogging again to see how it goes.
The 16th I went in for surgery. I wasn't nervous at all until the drive down.  My mom took me down.  I talked myself out of being nervous, because the way I see it, being nervous isn't going to change the outcome do why waste my time on being nervous.  I went to the building right behind the hospital in St. George.  I checked in and they took me back to my room and gave me my gown and told me the Dr was waiting for me and that I needed to hurry and change.  Dr. Rogers came in and asked what we were doing today, because he wanted to make sure I knew what we were doing.  I told him I didn't understand all the medical mumbo jumbo, so I told him what I knew.  Hysterectomy keeping the ovaries, bladder sling, and fixing some hernias.  He said that was exactly what we were doing.  They told me to take off my glasses so they wouldn't get damaged.  They stared to wheel me down the hall, turned a corner, next thing I knew I was trying to open my eyes, but I was so tired I couldn't.  I kept trying to wake up, and I finally did and I was back in my room.  I don't remember much on Wednesday (the day of the surgery), except that I did a lot of sleeping.  I remember my mom giving me a hug and kiss before she left, and apparently I showed her my 3 incisions.  I have one on my belly button, one on my right side and one down right at the top of my no no square.  The nurses kept giving me stuff for my pain, so I didn't feel much there.  Some of the meds made me really sleepy, right after they would give them to me I could feel how drowsy I was getting and I would zonk out.  I remember Lucinda coming by with Kelcey and Kenzie, I showed off my incisions to them too.  After they left I had another nap, when I woke up I noticed that Brenden had called, I called him back and apparently Enterprise was flooding and he couldn't talk!  What the heck!  I guess that it had been raining hard enough for a couple hours that it flooded everything and everywhere!  I hear that was the worst flood ever.  Holy Guacamolie!  Later before my nurses went home they wanted me to get up and try to walk.  I told them they were insane!  They laughed and told me to get up anyways.  I over did it and stood up too fast, got VERY nauseous and almost passed out.  Later that evening after the changing of the nurses I tried to walk again, and made it out my room and down the hall about a yard or so before I had to turn around and go back!
Thursday morning I told the nurse I wanted to try and walk.  She thought that would be a good time to take out my catheter and make me pee on my own, I said, "Are you crazy!"  I thought getting the catheter out would hurt, not at all!  I went in and actually peed all by my self! Brenden came and picked my up a couple hours later and brought me home.  I was surprised that I was able to climb the two steps up to the house without it hurting at all.  The couch was my new best friend.  I had gotten Ryans room ready for me to sleep in since it's the only one down stairs.  It was hard getting around the next couple days.  I didn't do much besides sleep.  The kids were so good and kept the house looking good.  Jack was my little helper and would get me anything I needed.  He kept asking if there was anything else I needed.  He was so willing to do anything for me, he was my little buddy.
Saturday wasn't a good day.  I was running a fever of 101 or higher, I was achy, had a headache, couldn't breathe very well.  My friends April and Melilnda came over to visit and made me call the Dr. office.  Luckily my parents were in St. George and were able to pick up the prescription the Dr. gave me.
Sunday I felt AWESOME! Considering I had just had surgery.  I stayed home from church and rested.
Monday I couldn't move.  I was so nauseated!  It didn't matter what I did I felt like throwing up!  No fever though.
Tuesday still felt nauseated, not as much, but it was still there.  Wednesday was the same thing. I had called the Dr. office Tuesday and they told me to wait it out.  I would feel better in a couple days.  I didn't think I would ever feel better!  This sucked!
Thursday the nausea was almost gone, and I was getting cabin fever really bad!  I needed to get the heck out of the house!  I rode in the parade with Brenden in the rescue.  Felt so good to get out of the house.  I decided I would try and go to the races.  I sat there the whole time.  I did more walking than I had at home, but walking was good.  Melinda asked if I was going to go to the rodeo, and that she had a seat for me.  So I went.  It was hard to sit there for that long, so I wasn't able to enjoy the rodeo like I would have liked to.  The girl Ryan likes did calf roping, I thought she did an amazing job!  I hope I didn't over do it this day.  I mean I have gotten past the point of being able to sleep during the day now, I can't even sleep on Ryans bed anymore because it's just not comfortable.  I woke up one night and just grabbed my pillows and went upstairs and slept in my own bed.  The stairs haven't been too bad at all for me.  Friday I felt just fine, I didn't do anything Friday, I thought I should take a day off.  I'm hoping I can just listen to my body to know if I'm overdoing it.
Saturday was the Air Show in St. George.  The plan was that Brenden was going to take the kids and do some school shopping while they were there.  I was going to stay home.  But I didn't want to stay home!  I also really wanted to go school shopping, I don't know why I like it so much.  So....I chilled out at my sister Lucindas house while they went to the air show.  Kallie, Lucindas daughter that is living with them right now, woke up and gave me some company.  It was really nice to talk to her.  At about noon Brenden came back with the boys and we went out for lunch and started our shopping experience.  I tried not too strain too much, I sat when I could.  The paper work the Dr. gave me said to not stand for more than 30 min at a time, but I really felt fine.  I don't know, I hate this!  There is so much I want to do!  We didn't quite finish shopping because the kids were driving Brenden CRAZY! and there were a couple lightening fires around Enterprise so Brenden needed to get back. The kids put on a fashion show of all their new clothes, it was so cute!  Tuesday I go down for my two week post op apt and I will finish getting Ryans clothes.
I went to church yesterday.  I would have felt really guilty if I wouldn't have gone since I was doing everything else!  Primary was busy and hectic!  SO MANY VISITORS!  The whole Bob Holt clan I guess was trying to hit the early Church and all came to our ward!  I was tired yesterday, but couldn't take a nap, relaxing helped though.  I'm a little sore, but really not bad at all.  My goal is to, with the help of my kids, get this house clean again.  Ever since I've been acting like I feel better, the kids stopped cleaning the house!  Ryan left for scout camp today, Brenden went with him.  Wish me luck!

No comments: