Friday I woke up @ 5 a.m. like I usually do, and I will have to say I enjoy my mornings. Sometimes it’s hard for me to get my butt out of bed, because I made a dumb choice by not getting to bed early enough. I got up read my scriptures, did a little house work, then @6 I woke up Ryan and Jack, Cole seems to think he has to wake up at this time too, which I hate. He is such a distraction to the boys when I’m trying to get them to get themselves ready for school! Brenden got himself up around 6:30 to start getting ready to go to Richfield with the Wrestling team. I will admit that I haven’t been the best lately at getting laundry done and put away, I’m trying to get better. He couldn’t find his “coaches” shirt, he didn’t have any clean pants, he didn’t have or couldn’t find anything he needed! I will admit also that when I can’t find things I need I do get angry and blame others, unfortunately, nothing is “my” fault. I should have just taken what he was saying with a grain of salt, but I didn’t, and I got my feelings hurt. Because this gave me a chance to tell myself what a worthless piece of garbage I am. By this time I am now in a terrible mood! I tend to yell and get angry at the kids when I’m in a bad mood, taking everything out on them. I got them off to school, and since Friday is my day off of work, and my cleaning day, I started to clean. Sometimes I don’t mind cleaning, other times I get so ticked off when I clean and I {HATE} it! This of course was a “Hate” day! Things that make me hate cleaning is that I start getting so mad that {NO ONE} picks {ANYTHING} up! Shoes, socks, clothes, toys, cups, garbage in the living room, when they KNOW they aren’t supposed to eat in the living room! It just seems like to me that I am the ONLY ONE sometimes that cares if the house is clean! Obviously my day is NOT off to a good start. The thought came to me to listen to a good talk on my Ipod to uplift me. Whatever! I don’t know about you, but that’s usually the last thing I want to do when I’m ticked, is do something spiritual! Of course because I’m letting Satan control my angry thoughts! I continued my house work, still angry. The thought kept coming to me, I knew it would make me feel better, but at that time I didn’t “want” to feel better. I gave in and did it anyways. I listened to Sherry Dews talk about 4 things that will wreck your life, and 4 things that will save it. Totally needed that! It took my mind off of being so angry, I think sometimes I actually {want} to be angry, and I try and remind myself why I’m angry. I felt so great when I was all done. I know it’s hard to want to do what you {should} be doing when it’s easier to do otherwise, but it is soooooo much better for us to listen to those little promptings. Heavenly Father wants us to be {Happy} so he’s going to try and tell us what we need to do to achieve happiness. Likewise Satan wants us to be {Angry} and {Miserable} and he is going to try and tell us what we need to do to achieve this.
So, do you want to be Happy, or angry and miserable!?

No comments:
Post a Comment