My good friend Melinda text me today and asked if I wanted to go on a picnic this afternoon, so I asked if we could go to the reservoir for a change. We packed up our lunches and headed off. Before you get to the big reservoir you have to pass over this bridge and there is a little waterfall and a pond right next to it, so we stopped there, ate, and played in the water.
This is Taryne and Cole, chillin out on the rocks eating lunch.
The boys, and Sammy, had a ton of fun playing in the water, finding dead crawdads, dead birds, a snake (glad I didn’t see that one I would have FREAKED my FREAK!), and even a dead bat, so they say. Cole thought it was pretty neat when we saw a live crawdad.
Even thought the water wasn’t very deep they didn’t dare get in it because they didn’t want to step on any crawdads, dead or alive.
Cole tried to keep following the big kids climbing rocks and stuff, until he got stuck and I had to come get him, after that he was pretty good to stay with me.
Cole has no problems saying “cheese” for the camera, his problem is actually “looking” at the camera.
We told the kids if they would let us get a good picture right here we would take them to the big reservoir, do you think this was good enough? Maybe Melinda got a better one.
It was good enough for us. The kids wanted to get in and go swimming so bad. Ryan was trying to figure out a way to do it. I told him he had two options. He could swim in his underwear, then put his clothes on for the drive home, or he could get his clothes wet and ride home in his underwear. He didn’t like either option, go figure.
They ended up getting in, I thought I had taken a picture of Cole, but I can’t find it. But as soon as we gave them the okay to get wet, we took off the boys shirts and Cole immediately started swimming in the water, it was so cute.
They all got soaked, well except Taryne. Ryan and Sammy went out as far as they dared, Ryan went out farther since he knows how to swim…I mean doggy paddle.
Here’s Jack doing a couple pushups. Actually I have know idea what he was doing. We finally got all the kids out of the water to dry, but they kept getting back in the water.
I suggested going on a walk through Honey Comb Camp Ground to get them a little dried off. I’ll tell you, you’d think Cole never saw a big rock before. He kept saying “really really big rock!” and he’d hold out his hands to show how big it was. His eyes would get all big and his mouth would hang open. He was just so EXCITED to see the really really big rocks. I thought it was funny! It was a pretty fun time, I’m glad we went. Sometimes I don’t feel like I do anything fun with the kids, so thanks Melinda for taking us. It was fun that’s for sure.

3 comments:
Looks like FUN!! I am so glad you started blogging again!! Keep it up! ;)
It was way fun! Thanks for going with us!
I swear you did get a pic of Cole swimming tho....
Wish I could have come! Looks like the perfect thing to do on a nice summer day!
Post a Comment