Is Coles face ever clean?
We started out with some parachute men, which the kids thought was pretty neat. Then went right into the sparklers.
Cole got a “little” out of hand with his sparkler, and I think he did the same thing last year. He LOVED the sparklers so much, but he kept chasing everyone with his. He thought it was funny that he could get everyone to run away from him. Well, duh!
I was trying to take pictures of the kids right when the fireworks started, they kept telling me to get out of the way, what were they trying to see something? :)
Cole is always ready for the camera, he’s always begging me to take pictures so he’s always willing to cheese it up.
I told yak about the wonderful fireworks that got out of control. The new legal ones are really cool if you know what you’re doing, I found out they go up to 150 feet in the air! It was so awesome until one tipped over. I was sitting on a camp chair and noticed that it looked kinda weird shooting out sparks from the side, instead of up. But me being the dumb blond that I am, sat there and watched. I saw someone fly out of their seat and ran for it. It still didn’t dawn on me that is wasn’t normal, and the sparks were in fact supposed to be going UP! When it was almost at the end of the circle, which ended with me, my brain finally told me I better move it. I know it sounds dumb now that I think about it. It was kinda freaky. The second one they did, yah after the first catastrophe they still lit another one, it still tipped and exploded at both of their neighbors houses. The second one headed straight for the neighbors door, I was so surprised that it didn’t catch on fire or anything. We were SOOO lucky that night, it was crazy. The only fire was in the weeds, but not too bad and someone was able to get that out. After all that they found a cinderblock for the big finale. Everything went fine on that one, thank heavens. However I don’t think any of the kids even saw the last one, they were too scared and they were hiding inside.
Here’s the chair that got a taste of the sparks. After seeing this it made me realize how stupid I was to not run for the hills at the beginning. When we got home Ryan was freaking out about someone doing fireworks and catching our house on fire.
This is the 4th at the races. For some reason Brenden thought our kids needed matching outfits. I thought Cole was going to kill his race. Ryan practiced with him the day before and he was going supper fast! Plus he turns 3 on the 9th, and he’s a giant. Oh no, he got caught up in the crowd and all the excitement, and was just strolling down the run way. I was surprised that Jack ran, he’s usually too shy, but he came in second, Ryan came in second/third. He probably would have won, but his fall back is that he always has to look behind him, it totally slows him down I think.
Heidi invited us over to her (moms) house after the races for water fun and a cookout. The kids all had a ton of fun!
Stacie and I got talking about when Ryan and Austin were babies. We took a picture of us holding each of them up by their feet, and were sad we didn’t do it with Camden and Cole. I told her there was no way I could do it now, Cole is way too big. Brenden wanted to show off his muscles and prove that he could do both of them.
He tried to do it to Ryan, but Ryan was way too heavy, and tall!
He thought Austin would be a little bit easier.
The kids thought the little fireworks were awesome, but they started to freak out when they found out we had one big one.
Luckily we learned from the night before. They found a cinderblock to make sure it didn’t tip over.

1 comment:
Whahahahaha! Definitely memories for a lifetime! :)
Post a Comment