Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pine Wood Derby

First of all Cole is so funny!  Every time I get the camera out he does something funny with his face and wants me to take a picture of him :)04-20-11 pine wood derby (2)
I will have to admit that Ryan needs to do more work on his Pine Wood Derby Car.  I sat down with him and he picked what he wanted his car to look like.  Of course Brenden had to cut it out, Ryan helped sand it, but didn’t want to do too much himself, so Brenden ended up sanding most of it.  Ryan painted it Brown and I don’t know if he painted any of the white.  Where we post to have him do {ALL} of it himself?  I felt bad when we saw everyone else's, because you could tell that Ryan had a lot of help with his. 
04-20-11 pine wood derby (5)
Ryan was supper excited, he kept telling people he was going to win!  See last year his weights were dragging so he came in dead last.  He knew he had an awesome car, and we did his weights ahead of time so we knew they weren't going to drag.  He still came in dead last :( 
04-20-11 pine wood derby (4)
What did we do wrong?  I felt really bad for Ryan, but we had fun and had some yummy dessert after the awards :)

No comments: