Friday, April 15, 2011

Special

You know you're "special" when you go to the eye doctor and most of the staff comes in the room with you as they take a picture of your eye. About 2 or 3 months ago the vision in my left eye has been getting pretty bad. My left eye being my bad eye. I couldn't decide what to do, especially since we don't have insurance. I could either go to my regular doctor and have them tell me if I needed to go to the specialist or not, which is the cheaper rout, or I could just go to the specialist, which I don't have money for. Either way I don't have money. I was so scared that I was going to have to start seeing the specialist monthly again. And that's over $200 a visit, unless they would have to give an injection to my eye, which in that case would be a bunch more. Going to the specialist wasn't an option. I put off going to the doctor because I don't have money. I'm kinda in a crappy situation. I finally decided to just bite the bullet because my eye has gotten a lot worse. I can see good enough to drive so don't be freaking out if you're seeing me driving. I just can't read street signs very well, and my left eye has been suffering. Luckily it was good news when I finally went to my apt. He asked if I've been working on the computer more lately, I confessed by addiction to the stupid facebook games. He just told me I need to limit it and have more breaks. It's just hard on the eyes when you're sitting at the computer focusing for too long. He made me realize how truly blessed I really am. He said he's amazed that I can even see out of my left eye, let alone see 20/25. Sometimes I forget that my eye will never be the same again, and he reminded me of that. He looked at my eyes and told me they look good, but he wanted to take a picture of my left eye for his records. We went in the room and about 5 other staff members came in to see the picture of my eye. "Wow", ooo's and aawww's and gasps. It was funny. He showed me my right eye, which is normal, then my left eye before I started getting shots, then my left eye now. Wow. He said he'd try and email me the pics, so as soon as he does I'll post them. I might have to call back to remind him. Anyways I got myself some new contacts and can see great, never as good as I once saw, but this will work. Just glad I can see!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a blessing! Glad everything is ok!