Monday, September 17, 2012

Home Teachers

So I’ve mentioned that I want to change, and change I shall try.  There is something that my home teachers taught me yesterday when they stopped over.  The lesson was on service, which was a great message.  I don’t know if I will share this right or not, but this is what I took from what he said to us.  I think in someone's patriarchal blessing it told them something along the lines of this.  They were a convert and it said that if people would have been sharing the gospel and living their lives like they were supposed to this lady would have received the blessings of the gospel 15 years before she actually did.  It mentioned something like a young man that was planning on going on a mission that was supposed to teach her, but he decided not to go on a mission.  Or a co-worker that felt impressed to share the gospel with her, but chickened out.  It went on and told her of several different people that were supposed to bring her the gospel, but that those people didn’t follow the Lords will for them, which made this lady wait an extra 15 years before she finally received the gospel.  That really put into prospective for me how important it is to do the Lords will!  Better listen closely to what he wants me to do.

No comments: