The Young Women got a new presidency a couple weeks ago. I have not been released yet, I think the new presidency are going to wait till they get more comfortable with their callings, so it probably won’t be too long, it makes me sad to think of leaving. Heather Holt is the new Pres. Tandy Randall 1st councilor, and Wendy Flanagan 2nd councilor. Tandy gave the lesson in our class today and she did an awesome job. I really miss Chandra, but am excited to get to know Tandy a little bit better, even if it may not be for very much longer.
I love going to church, I may not love my children sometimes during sacrament meeting, but I love feeling the spirit. Since teaching the young women I’ve been able to think a lot about how it was and how I felt when I was in their situation or age. Like why do we "have" to go to church, why do we "have" to read the Book of Mormon more than once! Why do we "have" to pray, to what seems sometimes, no one. The answers to all most every gospel question: go to church, pray, read your scriptures, you know, why do we do them? As I've gotten older I've learned from experience why we do things. After going to church today, and feeling the spirit testify to me of what I should be doing and how I should be living my life, it's a no brainer why we go to church. I am inspired by others every week at church by the lessons, comments and talks. It helps my spirit grow to be around so many awesome people who believe the same things I do, and by their examples in my life, I can try to be better that week. Today I kinda learned that I need to stop being a coward and stand up for what I believe, and what I {know} is wrong, and to stop justifying stupid things in my life. The time to live is {now}! I want to stand before my Heavenly Father and feel comfortable in His presents. I'm not perfect, and I never will be, but day by day I can try to do what He wants me to do. I don't just want to be another "member" I want to be better!

No comments:
Post a Comment