Wednesday, May 4, 2011

People are not what they seem

Last night I was talking with a couple  people, and what they had to say really surprised me.  I guess I’m trying to be more positive in my life, because the more negativity I let in, the worse things seem to get.  It’s all about your attitude!  I’ve also been {trying} to not judge people, I think we all have a problem with this, and I’m not saying I’m perfect, but that I’m {trying}.  Anyways I haven’t really been around the before mentioned {people} for quite a while.  As we sat there somehow we got on the subject of bearing your testimony.  They were talking about how they don’t like to bear their testimony, because they don’t want to get up and sound so {self righteous} and {brag} about different experiences they’ve had, and tell everyone how great they are.  Because that’s what everyone else does.  REALLY!?  SERIOUSLY?!  I sit in and listen to the same sacrament meeting, or fast and testimony meeting that they do, and that’s {NOT} at all what I hear.  I hear about peoples {wonderful} experiences that they are willing to share with us, that help {MY} testimony {grow}.  It’s hard to get up there and bear your testimony, especially when there are people like them who judge every word you say.  Another thing they mentioned was how people who act so {self righteous} at church, don’t act very {righteous} outside of church.  We are all {trying} and that’s all that can be expected of us.  Is what I’m trying to say here, is don’t judge people.  We don’t know their situation, we don’t know what is in their heart.  That’s Christ’s job.  In the living Christ it states that….”Each of us will be judged of Him, according to our deeds and the desires of our hearts….”  It’s not our job or right to judge, so don’t do it! 

By the way I only have one more paragraph until I’m done memorizing “The Living Christ”.  I know, it’s about time, right :)

No comments: