Tuesday June 15:
Today I woke up and finished packing for girls camp, we're leaving at 9:00. Last night I took most of my stuff over to our camp directors house to get packed. We found out that the tents that we were planning on using that were in the scout camp trailer had mold on them, dumb boys! Luckily we were able to find some other tents to take with us. I was very sad to leave my kids. Cole was still in bed when I left, Stacie is watching the kids today and I told her that Ryan would call her when Cole woke up. While we were all trying to get all situated and loaded up to leave, Stacie drove by to pick up my kids and I was able to give Cole a big hug before I left. Still sad that I'm leaving my baby :( After we said a prayer I gave out a shout to get everyone hyped about camp, and off we went. The car ride there was AWESOME! After we got out of Cedar, by the way we went to Bear Creek, up on Cedar Mountain, we started getting really excited and started shouting and yelling about everything! "Trees! Yahoo! Rocks! Yahoo! The Lake! Yahoo!" and so on and so forth, I know we're dorks. We were camping on some property Grant Staheli has up there, Jessie Staheli/Platt is one of our camp directors. We got there and got our tents all set up.
.jpg)
Us leaders used the tent that I brought, that Brenden said I wouldn't be able to put together. Guess what, we put it together all by ourselves, so there Brenden!
.jpg)
Have you ever tone tie die with spray paint (they have a special kind of course)? It is so much fun! We did this to our camp shirts.
.jpg)
Watch out, I've got two cans of paint!
Later after we got all settled, it was time to round up the girls, hehehehe. I decided to take charge of that action, since I'm the loudest leader there, by far. "WOOOWOOOWOOOWOOOW"! I went around camp alerting everyone that it was time to gather around the fire pit. Brother Casey and Brother Cunow were there as our priesthood leaders, and boy did they get the shock of their lives. We gathered around the fire pit and I gave out a "YAHOO!" I did that the whole time, it was fun. If any of you have played cards with me late at night, you know how crazy I can get. Well, it was like that almost the whole entire time I was at camp!
.jpg)
By the way, have you have had a roasted Star burst? I had my first and it was so YUMMY!
We did our skits today, and can I just say "Bad Timing!" We leaders did a skit as well, and lets just say......nothing because the pictures say it all.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
In the middle of our skit President Randall starts walking up to our camp, Holy Crap! I ripped off that top as fast as I could! It was hilarious.
.jpg)
This is every one's reaction to our wonderful skit, SHOCK!
Wednesday June 16:
I slept like crap last night, I never sleep as good as I do when I'm in my own bed. Being stuck in a sleeping bad and not being able to move much didn't help. It was a little cold, but not too bad. I brought some long johns I'll have to wear them tonight.
.jpg)
We went on a hike today, I would swear that it was at least 5 miles, but turns out it was only 3 miles. It was really pretty!
I didn't have as much energy this morning, because of the lack of sleep. Some of the girls were getting pretty worried that I wasn't as energetic as yesterday. I decided I needed to step up my game, and I had a Mountain Dew!
.jpg)
During some of our free time we played this log game. You get on the log then you have to get in alphabetical order, without falling off the log and without touching anyone. Supper fun!
YAH! Today I went through initiation and became a teenager again, and was accepted into the "Losers Club"! "Losers Unite!" Some of the Laurels thought I was cool enough to hang out with their group. We are sooooo cool!
Thursday June 17:
Last night was better, and warmer, even though the wind was blowing all night, I had my long johns :) We did a necklace craft. We wrote stuff on washers and made some cool stuff.

Me and the "Losers" decided to stamp that on our necklace, "Loser" I decided that we should stamp "Winner" on the other side so we wouldn't be losers all the time. After we were done with the craft we went down to the lake to go boating and canoeing. It was so fun! A bunch of Beehives wanted me to get on their boat, luckily I had heard a roomer that they were going to get me in that freezing cold water, so I steered clear of them. Me and Alesha, one of the losers, got in a canoe, it was so much fun, and a lot of work. The Beehives caught up to us in their boat, and tried to soak us with buckets of water. They got us a little bit, but at least we didn't get soaked. Can you believe Bishop was driving the boat! How dare he. Later we got into a boat, and a couple of the Beehives were in a canoe, and we got them back. Supper fun! Later Alesha and I went back out on the canoe, I swear it felt like I was doing all the work, what do I know she was in the back and I couldn't see her ;) We got pretty far out there and when we were on our way in we raced one of the other canoes back to shore, however they didn't know we were racing or they may have tried to win. By the time we got back to shore and parked our canoe, I went to get out. Being oh so very careful not to fall in the water I got on my hands and knees, but my arms were so tired that they stopped working and I face planted onto the floor. Ooops! I wish I would have had my camera, but I didn't dare take it with me because I thought I was going to get dunked, darn it.
Not long after we got back everyone showed up for our final dinner. We had dinner, then a little bit of free time.
.jpg)
Chandra and I went into the cabin and for some reason thought it would be a good idea to chug a Mountain Dew. We raced to see who could get done first.
.jpg)
Of course I won! It took me just over one minute to finish too!
.jpg)
After that we just started laughing so hard! I don't have any idea what was so funny, but we laughed for 20 minutes straight!
.jpg)
I was laughing so hard I fell over off the chair onto the floor, which made Jessie start laughing too!
My stomach hurt so bad! We ended up going outside to get some air, thinking that would help us stop laughing, that didn't help at all. We were being so loud too, everyone heard us. When we were done, we joined the campers again, and they started teasing us, saying they thought a couple of bears were over there. Even now sometimes when I look at Chandra I just start busting up laughing, don't know why.
+copy.jpg)
This is us! Aren't we so cute. EVERYONE SAY "LOSER!" These are the girls that let me be a loser with them, it was so much fun!
.jpg)
After we calmed down a little bit, we started our spiritual journey. Angel Randall was one of our camp directors, and she came up. She bore her testimony, it was so awesome, and so what we needed to get our night started off with. I don't think there was anyone NOT crying. She is so spiritual, and awesome.
.jpg)
Angel and Linda
After that we had the girls go on a Values Hike, in the dark. We leaders had flash lights and they had to ask for the light if they needed or wanted it. At the end of the hike we all walked back to camp singing. Once we arrived around the camp fire, the testimony meeting began. Just about everyone bore their testimony, it was awesome. I felt like I really needed to bear mine, you know so the girls knew that I had one, and that I wasn't just all wild and crazy all the time. Glad it was dark and they couldn't see me, because I couldn't stop crying, I have never felt the spirit more than that night, it was awesome and I was on such a spiritual high.
.jpg)
Friday June 18:
Slept really well last night, I was so tired! This has been the best girls camp ever! I'm still on a spiritual high. I've made so many new friends, and I'm glad the cat is out of the bag, now everyone knows how nerdy I am, I don't have to hide anymore ;)
.jpg)
Me and Chandra
It was funny on the ride home. We rode in Chandras SUV, we were listening to the radio and when the base would kick in it would rumble and kinda sounded like someone was farting. The whole two hour ride home the girls that were riding with us laughed about that darn base. It was so funny!
I just found out that the word is really out about what a nerd I am, and about my wonderful camp experiences. It was bound to happen, right :D

1 comment:
Sounds like you had as much fun at girls camp as I did!!! Funny how much crazy fun we have when were with the girls huh!!!!
Post a Comment