Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Basket Ball

Well, now that basket ball is over, I think I'll finally blog about it. This year has been very interesting. First of all, there is this lady, Leona Shurtluff, that is like the Nazi at the ball games. She is a really nice sweet lady, but....and there is almost always a but, during these 1st and 2nd grade games, well all the games really, she would walk around and make sure your kids were under control, and that your legs were not in the way. Since there wasn't really anywhere to sit except the wood floor, some people had their legs stretched out, and she would come by and tell you to pull them in, so they weren't on the court and in the way of the boys while they were playing. She would just make sure that everything was perfect. If there were kids climbing where they shouldn't, she would make sure to get after them. Well, there was one little kid that she got after. To make a long story short, this 2nd grade boy called her some pretty naughty names, that should never be repeated. So....she slapped him across the face. As far as I've heard, his family was going to try and sue her for slapping their son. By doing this, in my opinion, it was telling their son that using that language was okay, and that it was okay to disrespect your elders. But what do I know, right!? She hasn't been so Nazi-ish since, and I don't know exactly what this "family" is doing about suing her or not.

Anyways, Ryan, Basket Ball......Ryan is a lot better this year that last year, that's for darn sure. I think he was actually one of the "good" players on his team. The last game they played I think he made like five shots! Yay!! I'm such a proud mama. His team won all of their games. Ryan had a ton of fun too. He actually had quite a few friends on the team. C.J, Juel, Austin Rupp, Troy Bundy, and Levi Randall. It was a good season, I love sports, what would I do without them?

Now that Basket ball is over, it's on to Wrestling, yay!

No comments: