Friday, April 17, 2009
Coupon Shopping?
Okay about a year or so ago my sister-in-law started telling me about coupon shopping and how awesome it is. She showed me a couple wed sites and kinda showed me what she did. I got really excited and started doing what she said she did, and got my weekly paper + 6 (you heard me, 6) Sunday papers. Because the Sunday papers have all the coupon books in them. We don't read the paper, so the papers started piling up, and the coupon books started piling up too. I would cut them out, but they would still just sit there. I felt VERY overwhelmed with the whole thing. Finally I stopped my subscription to the paper. About a month or so ago my sister, Lucinda, started getting excited about the whole coupon shopping thing and started telling us a little about it. It just happened that was the same weekend we were all getting together in Pine Valley, so Selma would be there, and she "Knows It All" when it comes to the coupon shopping, after all she's been doing it a long time! She got me excited again, but I still felt overwhelmed. My sister Larine wanted to get going on it too, so we decided to take this wonderful trip together of discovering how to save a ton of money on grocery's, and stock up our pantry and the same time. I talked to one of my friends that told me about a website she uses called, "The Obsessive Shopper". I went on this website and she explains EXACTLY what she does, and it seems so simple. (Click HERE and it will take you to "the system", that's where she tells you exactly how to do everything). I've subscribed to the paper now, and this Sunday will be my first week of coupons, I'm very excited. Larine and I have decided that we're going to try and go grocery shopping every Wednesday, since that's when Albertsons sales start, and Albertsons is one of the most highly recommended places is. I've learned that Albertsons regular priced stuff is very high, but that makes it so that when it goes on sale, it's VERY low, especially when you have coupons. That is the only time you should use coupons, is when something is on sale, otherwise you might as well just get the off brand stuff. Wal-mart does have everyday low prices, but that means nothing really goes on a good sale. So, my plans are to do coupon shopping at Albertsons (Smiths is pretty good too, so I hear) and any other regular shopping items I need will be done at Wal-mart. I'm so excited to get started, and can't wait to see a receipt with my total savings, usually like 40-70% of savings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Good Luck! Learn it all so you can teach me!
Well!!!!! It sounds like you paid attention at our meeting! Good luck
Welcome to the hair pulling, money saving, coupon world! I've been at it for 8 months now but it helps that Albie's five block away. It's a rough start but you'll catch on quick!
Oh ya and I prefer http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62 because they have a large discussion group that talk about problems and/or additional savings they've found. You can also ask questions too. It also includes catalina's deal's that print out when you check out.
YES! YES! LOVE COUPONS!! :)
Glad you're joining all of us. I just started a few weeks ago. Jana had showed me the pinching your pennies web site a few months ago and then I went to a class that the newspaper offers for free to go along with the website. I love the savings. Last week I saved $300 in one visit and got lots of free meat and this week I got tons of free, yes I said FREE stuff with the sale that ended. Good luck. The pinching pennies website let's you personalize your own shopping list along with the sales and is super easy. I just need to organize my coupons!
Post a Comment