Sometimes I feel like such an emotional wreck. I feel like I get all teary eyed about everything. One thing that has been bothering me a lot lately is this world. To be more specific, the shootings that have been happening. There have been high school shootings, elementary shootings. It’s freaking me and Ryan out. One night Ryan couldn’t go to sleep because he was so worried about if someone came to our elementary with a gun and tried to shoot someone. I told him he needed to just have faith in God, that He’s not going to let anything happen to you that’s not supposed to happen to you. I told him I could get in a car wreck on my way to work and die, is it very likely, no, but it could happen. Someone might come into the school with a gun and shoot people, is it very likely, no, but it could happen.
Anyways since then they have gotten things going at the elementary, so they can be ready if something does happen. They’ve talked to the students and have a plan. Today after we got done serving lunch at the High School and got back to the elementary they had a “lock down” drill. I am so glad that they are doing this, you NEVER know what’s going to happen. During and after the drill, I got really teary eyed, it really breaks my heart that this has to be done, I mean the things that are going on in this world, the crazy people in this world! I am so scared for my kids to grow up here, it keeps getting worse and worse. I just want to protect my kids, and I know I can’t do that forever. It breaks my heart to think about if there really were a shooting at the school, either school. I guess I just need to take my own advice and have faith, and pray to my Heavenly Father. He does know what’s best for all of us.

No comments:
Post a Comment