Monday, February 13, 2012

Talking in Church

Our family got to talk in church yesterday, and I will have to say it was quite an awesome experience.  Jack and Ryan talked, then Brenden and I talked.  I felt bad because I didn’t leave Brenden very much time.  I didn’t realize until I sat down that I was up there for like 20 minutes.  Leaving Brenden less than 10, oops.  I feel like we both did an awesome job, hopefully others feel the same way.  This was definitely a journal writing moment, because it was the first time ever that I have heard Brenden cry.  Still haven’t “seen” him cry, but his voice started to crack when he was talking and I could tell he was getting emotional. 

Earlier this week I got a phone call from Melanie Slack asking me a rather strange question.  She asked me if I would cater a dinner for her.  I was like “what!?”  She wanted me to make our Café Reo pork salad.  I ended up doing that on Friday, and she ended up paying me more than I asked for, it was actually fun, I’m glad she game me the opportunity.  On top of those two things I taught the Young Women lesson yesterday, worked for Tamie on Friday and without her on Thursday, which went pretty smoothly.  There was also the last boys home Basket ball game, and Saturday my family went to the temple with names that Scott had found on my dads side of the family that needed their work done.  It was an incredible experience.  We went to eat at the Olive Garden and you’ll never guess who our server was, Melanie Golden!  Haven’t seen her since high school.  I think my dad was pissing her off though, she didn’t seem too happy with him. 

Well, here’s to another week, wish me luck Smile

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You and your family did a Great job in church! So glad Ryan spilled the beans so I could hear your wonderful talks! I thought life would slow a little for you but it sounds like your still playing Super Mommy!