Sorry, I don’t feel like my life is very interesting, so I never get on here to blog. I guess I should still post about my non eventful life anyways, right? Well, my sister Larine has worked in the Elementary lunch room for quite awhile now. She’s told me that I need to go to the district office and fill out a paper to sub. I kept putting it off. I don’t want to work until Cole is in school. I have always kinda envied her though. Working for the school district, getting all the same holidays off as your kids, She gets off work at about 12ish. That’s the kind of job I definitely want to get when I’m ready to work. A couple weeks before school started she told be there was an opening in the lunch room! (Just so everyone knows this information is available to anyone who gets on the district website) The hours are 10-2 Monday-Thursday. I applied, and after much deliberation I got the job! Really it’s so awesome! It works out great Cole too. He has pre-school with Miss Marline Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30-12:30, and Brenden usually gets home from school by 1:00 every day. My mom watches him on Mondays and my AWESOME friend Chandra watches him on Wednesdays. It works out great. I totally LOVE my job. I will have to say I was a little hesitant, I work mostly with Tami Pickering, and I didn’t know her very well. She is an awesome lady, and she is so supper nice and uplifting and complementing. She’s made it really fun! I am sad that I’m not going to be able to help in any of my kids classes any more though, but I know my working will help us a TON financially, with Brenden going to school and not working it’s been hard. I’ve been able to get into a new schedule and it’s working out great. I have enough time in the morning, usually, to get my house clean, then I’m able to get home before the kids get out of school, it’s GREAT! There is one downfall to this job though, I’ve already burnt me twice My latest burn happened on Thursday, it’s under my chin. I honestly don’t know exactly how I got this. I was taking a pan out of the oven, it was on the top rack (the top rack is about my chin level) I was in a hurry, and jerked or bumped into someone, and there we have it. It’s a pretty nasty burn, and it hurt like heck!
Monday, September 26, 2011
Lunch Lady
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment