Sunday, July 11, 2010

YM Lesson

Oh my gosh. I think my Miamaids are probably so sick of me. Just about every time I have to get up and teach they are probably saying to themselves, 'oh great, here comes the bawl baby!' I get so emotional sometimes. However sometimes I'm just a dork and don't know what I'm teaching. Today the lesson was on the sacrament I started talking about the Savior, and I just lost it! I have changed so much spiritually this past year, the price I pay for that is that my emotions are right on the surface most of the time. The spirit touches me more often and I can feel so much more power in it now. It's awesome! Anyways, I was telling them about my feelings when I was their age, and how I just did things because I was supposed to, and how much I have really grown. I told them that there will be a time in their life that the light bulb will go on and that they will realize that there is more to life. You can't coast through life, that's what I used to think. I didn't realize that you actually had to put forth some effort. I thought since I'm a member and I'm kinda doing what I'm supposed to, I'm gonna be fine, that is not the case. I need to get off my butt and change my life, because I'm the only one that can do that, it's not gonna change if I don't do something about it. Anyways awesome lesson if I do say so myself. I got a lot out of it anyways, don't know if anyone else did or not. I take that back, the two leaders that were in their said I did a good job, so maybe it wasn't all that bad after all. I just feel stupid when I get up there and start crying.

No comments: