Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Stressin out!

Oh me oh my, what a week, and it's only Tuesday night. Okay, so Saturday morning I wake up and there is something weird on my eye, like a black splotch or something. I keep thinking it will go away. It was there all day, and was getting really annoying. I woke up on Sunday, and decided to wear my glasses to see if it made a difference, because I could still see something weird in my line of sight. Of course Church was fun, since I can't see a darn thing out of my glasses. It was different, but I could still see something on my eye. At this point, I'm starting to freak out a little bit. I cover my left eye, and I can see just fine. I cover my right eye, and holy cow! I see a big blackish grayish splotchy thing in my view. WEIRD! I got so freaked out, I decided I was going to fast for myself. Monday morning, I put in a new pair of contacts to see if that would help at all, but still the same thing. It's really starting to get annoying, and it's really affecting my vision. I call my eye doctor, mainly to see if they think this is something that can wait until after the holidays. We don't have insurance, and this time of the year SUCKS when it comes to having extra money. He told me that I needed to get down there as soon as I could. They wanted me to get there in 40 min. I told him I'd try, but I'm driving in from Enterprise. I got down there, was in the doctors office for an hour or two, they ran a bunch of tests on my eye, and took all sorts of pictures. First the Doc, came in and dilated my eyes. So much fun by the way, not! Then he shined BRIGHT lights in my eye and expected me to keep them all the way open. He thought that with my age and health it had to be stress related. Then they ran some tests, and took pictures. Then he was stumped! he showed me the pictures, they were weird, and I could definitely see what the problem was. He told me something about fluid being where it shouldn't be, and blood vessels expanding and wanting to burst. Like I said he was stumped, and highly recommended that I see a specialist. Oh great, how much was this going to cost me? Mondays visit cost me nearly $200. This morning I called my doc and told him I wanted to see the specialist, he gave me their name and number. I called them and told them that my doctor told me to call and make an appointment. I went in at 2:00 this afternoon. Yesterday I had driven myself, it was save enough, but I was not comfortable driving. I can't see very well, I mean well enough to drive, but I still think it's scary, so I had my mom drive me down today. I got there, filled out some paper work, sat there until almost 3:00, when they finally told me that my doctor wanted me to see Dr. Richens, and she wasn't in today, she was in surgery. I knew it wasn't their fault, I didn't specify which doctor I needed to see. Still I wanted to get so mad, but it would have done no good. The next opening she had wasn't until the middle of the month, great! They got asking me questions about what was wrong. I started telling them that I had been seeing a black spot in my vision since Saturday, and that now things were starting to get a little squiggly. One of the lady's gasped and said, "your too young for that to happen". Oh great, someone else that thinking this isn't good! She told me that there was another doc that could run all the tests and then I could come back and see Dr. Richens and she could give me a diagnostic. That's fine. I went back in the room. A lady came back and asked me to read the chart. With my right eye, it was no problem. Then came my left, oh boy! I could barely make out the first three letters, there was a big black spot covering the rest of it, and it looked so disoriented. I finally focused long enough that I was able to get to the last letter, but it looked like it kept changing what it was. I knew it wasn't really changing, so I started freaking myself out more, now I KNOW something is wrong. Then the lady told me to look at her face, first with the right eye, perfect. Then with the left eye, again, holy crap! The hole left side of her face (my right side) was black, and it was so disoriented, her face almost looked scared, like she had been in a horrible car accident. They dilated my eyes again, and another doctor came in to look at my eyes. He told me the same thing about the blood vessels and stuff. He said it's very weird, because they usually see this in people that are 70 and 80 years old. It's weird that I'm so young. There were some tests he wanted to do, but the machine he needs wont' be working till tomorrow. So guess who's going to St. George tomorrow?! ME!!! He told me that this is most likely treatable. He doesn't know what caused it, maybe we'll find out tomorrow. He doesn't know exactly what it is, but hopefully tomorrow will be kind to me. One thing he did prepare me for, is that the way this is treatable is that they are going to have to stick a needle in my eye ball, to relieve the pressure or something. By doing this it may leave scar tissue on my eye, making so my vision will never be what it once was, but it will get rid of this black spot, and the waviness that I'm seeing. Which is good because it's giving me a headache. I'm just freaking out a little. I am so scared. I've decided that out of all of my senses, sight is the worst one to loose. I just want to see normal again, the waviness, seems to be getting worse. If they do the needle thing, it will happen tomorrow :( Send me your prayers, and wish me luck.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good luck we will keep you in our prayers. That is scary.