This was such a fun trip, and my parents are so awesome! I mean first they take my kids all the way to Texas to visit my Brother Bryan and his family. Then my mom takes me and my kids the California to visit my Brother David and his family. SO FUN! The drive down wasn’t too bad at all. Once we got into Cali we stopped to get a bite to eat. We ordered our food and went outside to eat, Cole was playing around on the bench we were sitting on, and he fell off. He landed on his ear and was screaming forever! Poor poor kid. I felt so bad, it had to have hurt really bad, because he usually doesn’t cry too much when he gets hurt, high pain tolerance. I didn’t realize how hard he hit until I saw his poor ear. It got pretty big and swollen :(
After he was done crying, he didn’t cry anymore over his ear. I still felt really bad, and was glad when the swelling finally went down. Thank heavens I had a GPS on my phone, or I don’t think we would have been able to find where we were going, between me not having very much {Big City} driving experience and my mom…..my dear dear mom, sometimes she just has no clue, bless her heart. Their house wasn’t hard to find, it was just getting off the dang free way :)
David and Rebecca live in “Military Housing” since good ol’ David is in the Navy and all. They had a pool in their little neighborhood, so we got all dressed and ready to go swimming!
Aren’t they just so cute on the teeny tinny horses :) Giddy up!
The boys really {love} swimming, they would have stayed there the whole time we were in California if I’d let them.
They also had a cool little play area in their back yard, the kids had a ton of fun there!
Christy & Shadow
Beach Bum's
Thursday we went to the beach, the kids were really looking forward to this, we all love to go to the beach, and this was Coles first time :)Ryan, Jack
San Diego Mormon Battalion
Friday we went to the Mormon Battalion, I’ve been one other time right after Ryan was born, and it is totally different! We went in and sat down, and when the presentation started, the pictures started talking to us, it was way cool! The kids got to mine for gold, they thought that was so exciting, however Ryan wanted to know how much his gold was worth and what he could buy :)
Old Town
Old t0wn is pretty cool, and the kids had a lot of fun seeing all the cool old stuff. Before we really got started walking around we stopped and got us a bite to eat.Cole is such a……..good eater :)
Okay, so when we go on vacation we usually don’t let our kids get anything they want. Well nothing really neat anyways I guess. We saw this stand and they were making wax molds out of your hand, so I bit the bullet and let Ryan and Jack do it. However I should have paid the extra money and had them fill in the whole hand with wax, cuz it started to break after having them home a couple days with the monster “COLE”. Ryan
Jack
This took a little bit longer than I thought it would. They had to dip their hands in the wax then cold water then wax, etc. It took {FOREVER!} Then, after getting their hands out of the wax, it had to sit in cold water for awhile. After which the kids got to choose the colors they wanted, then dipped their wax hands in the colors, so cool, and the kids {LOVED} it!
Lego Land!
Lego Land was fun, but really, I don’t understand why anyone would have a season pass. I guess if you really {LOVE} Lego's then maybe. Going on a Saturday probably didn’t help, because the lines were so long. It just sucked, because we waited in line for forever, and the ride……well, I thought they were {LAMO}, Disney Land is so much better! But this was almost free, so I guess it was worth it, and the kids had fun, and while we waited in line they had a place for the kids to play with {LEGOS}!
I will have to say, they did have some {Amazing} sculptures made out of legos. They even had the town of Vegas :)
This was probably the most awesome ride they had their, and the line was actually really short :) Ryan and Christy are the only ones that wanted to go on this one. You start at the bottom and had to pull yourself up, then let yourself drop. They loved it and had lots of fun.
We had a really good time, hope we might be able to do it again next summer :) A girl can wish can’t she :) Thanks for the Great Vacation,, it was a blast!

No comments:
Post a Comment