



Can I just say this was a {VERY INTERESTING} night! Six adults in one hotel room with two queen sized beds. I'm surprised nobody wet the bed, that was one funny night!


We were so glad we decided to get to the boat early on Sunday, because after we got registered and got our room key and got everything all squared away, we sat down to wait, and that line got {SUPPER DUPPER LONG}! While we were waiting to board the ship I called home. I knew I wasn't going to be able to call again for {TWO WHOLE DAYS} and I was starting to miss the kids again. Actually while my parents had the kids in church I called to leave a message on the answering machine that Cole could listen to for those couple days that I wasn't going to be able to call. Anyways I called my parents house, they had just gotten home from Church, Cole was screaming and running out the front door to go to our house :'( They finally caught him and I was able to talk to him, it helped him calm down to know I was still there and that his mommy didn't abandon him. My mom said he got a huge smile on his face when he was talking to me, or rather listening to me, I did most of the talking. I'm glad I could help, but it made me supper sad. I was having a hard time, and I started to cry :'( I was kinda emotional the whole trip. Anyways, this is us, we are finally on the ship, getting ready to start our two day trip to Mexico!
This is our second day, Monday, aboard the Carnival Splendor. First of all I just gotta say that Ty is {HILARIOUS}! Okay, so this "waiter" guy came by and asked if we wanted a "drink". The sign said it was $7.50. He had a tray of cute little coconut monkeys that had a drink inside. We told him we needed a {VIRGIN} drink, he said it would be $1 cheaper. "Oh, so that's only $6.50?" He said "yes" We thought that was a pretty good deal. What seemed like an hour later, the dude finally brought us our drinks. They charge everything to your room key card, so he gave us our drinks then gave us a receipt to sign. I took my drink and started to drink it, then when he gave me the receipt, I just about did that thing where my drink sprayed out of my mouth. The drinks cost us over $16! {WHAT THE CRAP}! Thanks for making sure I drank before I signed, I should have sent it back anyways, but I'm a giant chicken. To make things even worst the dang drink tasted like throw up, {YUCK}!
Any questions? Me too :) Like I said, Ty is hilarious!
Every night we went to the dinning room to eat dinner. We had a set time to be there, sat at the same table, sat by the same annoying people, and had the same servers every night. I am so surprised that Ty and Curtis didn't deck anyone on the table right next to us. They were {ANNOYING}! Loud, bad language, and {VERY RUDE} to their parents! Enough about the rude table though, there are so many pictures I wish I would have taken, one is of our servers, Wan and Allie, oh and our Matradee, Miguel. They were so fun! Tuesday and Friday were the nights we got to dress up! So fun, I haven't had a reason to get to dress up for, well forever! The dinning room was so fancy too. I've never had so many forks for one meal :) They gave us each a menu, and you could order whatever you wanted, and I mean {WHATEVER}! I swear we each ordered at least two appetizers, two main courses and two desserts! We were {NEVER} hungry :) I think by the third or fourth night Wan knew exactly what Brenden was going to order, {STEAK}! When she got to Brenden, she would start out by saying, "Brenden. Steak, and...." We all thought that was pretty funny :)
{LAND HO}! Tuesday morning we went out to the front of the ship to be one of the first to spot land! Finally Mexico is in sight! Our first stop was Cabo San Lucus.
It seemed like forever before they finally let us off the ship. In Cabo their dock wasn't deep enough to dock a big cruse ship, so we had to get on little boats to get to land.
The first thing on our agenda was to do the "Land and Sea" tour. We got right back on a boat that took us on a tour, this is some of the cool stuff we saw. {GORGEOUS}! I love the blue water, it looked so crystal clear.
I look good with a tan, don't I :) Oh No, our ship is getting attacked by pirates!
This was the "Land" part of our tour. So so pretty!
We also stopped at the glass factory. It was amazing to watch this guy mold the melted pieces of glass into this awesome turtle, of course drinking Tequila. Everyone drinks Tequila in Mexico, well almost everyone. One of the locals said "don't drink the water, drink lots of Tequila instead"A couple Mexican quotes I thought were funny "What can I do for you besides nothing" and "I can be your Mexican GPS"
Day two in Cabo we walked around and found the fire department of course. The guys thought it was pretty darn cool. One of the volunteers even showed them around the main area and let them look at everything.
After we were done at the Fire House, we walked around and did some shopping, that was my favorite part. I thought it was so funny how they would just stick to you like glue until you'd buy something. They make you feel like an important customer. One guy even came up to me and put a bracelet on me and said, "very beautiful, you must buy!" I liked bartering with them, it was fun to see how low they would go :)
What an awesome sunset!
Top left picture, Ty asked if he could try and throw this at me and ring me, I said to go ahead, until I felt how hard the dang thing was, that would have knocked me out! Bottom left, everyone thought that looked like Ty was going in for a smackeroonie!
Thursday we stopped in Port Vallarta, it was so pretty! We went on The Tequila Factory Tour. It was very interesting to see how Tequila is made. I had no idea it came from a cactus. The Cactus grows those huge pine cone looking things, they cut them up and make Tequila out of them. Very interesting, and boy did that place stink, smelled like a drunk......smelled like someone that was drunk, Tequila of course. That bottom picture is the cactus the pine cone comes from, and that circle is a lizard, they were everywhere. After the tour we were walking around and saw a couple in some trees. This one guy was eating lunch looking up holding his plate out acting like he was trying to catch one. He said it would make a good dinner :)
This little dude was hilarious! He stopped and let us take pictures with him, we should have tipped him, oh well.
There were some {AWESOME} sand sculptures on the beaches. I thought they were pretty {AMAZING}, very impressive if you ask me.
Guess what Brenden is going to be for Halloween this year! Nacho Libre!
We had one person in charge of taking care of our room, he would come in and make our bed, then at night he would turn down our bed, it was so {NICE}. Every night when we came back to our room and had our bed turned down we had a cute little towel animal waiting for us. I wish I would have taken pictures of all of them, they were so cute!


2 comments:
Looks like SOOOOO much fun!!!!!!
Thanks for posting the details! Loved it! Next time we'll be there for sure!
Post a Comment